No announcement yet.

Press Release: PropertyTalk.com is NOT part of PRISM

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow I thought he was a goner - but Putin is an interesting character this is a huge power trip for him.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Marc View Post
      Sheeple don't give a stuff about big bother. They are more worried about keeping their job, paying down their debts and feeding their kids. If the government wants to read their emails between grandma and the kids to stop homeland terrorism and kids shooting their school mates and teachers then they think thats a smallprice to pay.
      Following the revelations out of Parliament last night on the Dunne / Vance / GCSB leak inquiry and the way that metadata and emails were treated, I believe more people will start to give a stuff.

These are constitutional / democratic concerns; as well as the questions as to how free our press is to investigate parliamentary actions.
      Also how both Government agencies and private companies use our private data.

Comment

What is private data? Is email private?
        If I use email from hotmail - can't the hotmail people do what they want with my email? After all, they provide the service and I use it on their terms.
        A reporter sends an email to an MP and gets upset when that email is made available to others. Seems an odd reaction for a reporter as most reporters would walk over broken glass to break the next big story.
        Oh, I get it - that reporter is actually milking this story and now she's on the 6pm news every night.

Comment

Bob.
          You are wrong.
          Govt betrayal on a monumental scale
          That trust works on many levels, be it MPs feeling they can talk off-the-record confident they will not be shopped to their superiors, to journalists respecting embargoes, to Cabinet ministers not blocking the release of sensitive documents sought by media under the Official Information Act.

That trust can take a long time to establish. It can be destroyed in a matter of seconds.
          Even so, when trust does break down, it usually amounts to little more than a pin-prick on the fabric of democracy.

Not so this week, however. The prevailing sound was of the democratic fabric being ripped asunder.

The trawling of a Press Gallery reporter's phone logs by parliamentary authorities is a breach of trust of such mega proportions that it may well place a lingering chill on politician-journalist contact.
          www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10907488

Comment

lol
            Two lying, cheating groups getting upset with each other.

Comment

The principles which give you the freedoms to express your opinion will continue to be defended.

You're welcome.
              Last edited by speights boy; 04-08-2013, 10:28 AM.

Comment

Snowden is a rag doll for Putin - my month estimate was wrong but he will end up on US soil - I am 100% sure of that (of course with my limited knowledge of big boys games and the rules of the game) but he embarrass some really powerful people around the world so he is dead-meat.

What amazes me is that they allowed such a young male access to incredible "secret" data. Young people should never be allowed access to this type of info - they are still under the illusion that the average joe can change the world through exposing data to the media dogs who lap it up and vomit it out for ratings. Ratings drop - move on... cycle repeats. Most of the "experts" and talking heads on TV are muppets or out to promote their new book.

Remember OWS? Yeah and where is the CEO of Goldman now? Not in jail but still earning MASSIVE bonuses.

Plus the other dude who leaked all the stuff to wiki leaks - I cannot remember his name nor care to - guess where he is ending up for the rest of his life. And still the US are in the middle east doing what they always do.

Anonymous are fighting the battle but the only way that could work - guerrilla warfare - just like Vietnam.
                Last edited by Marc; 05-08-2013, 11:45 AM.
                Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                  Following the revelations out of Parliament last night on the Dunne / Vance / GCSB leak inquiry and the way that metadata and emails were treated, I believe more people will start to give a stuff.

These are constitutional / democratic concerns; as well as the questions as to how free our press is to investigate parliamentary actions.
                  Also how both Government agencies and private companies use our private data.
                  Go and ask my niece who uses every SM site under the sun and has 3 mobiles.

She does not give a stuff about the government seeing her party pics.

Go ask my next door neighbour who would rather feel safe that some nutcase is not going to shoot her kid in school when the government could have stopped it by detecting a rant on FB or Twitter. At a guess she would not give a rats arse about what the government are up to as long as it can help her kid stay alive.

Your last statement is sound but only a very small percentage of people in this world would bother to read it and of that a very-very small amount would actually get off their arse - stop watching Master Chef - delete their FB page and Twitter account and pick up a banner and wave it.
                  Last edited by Marc; 05-08-2013, 11:48 AM.

Comment

If you believe this to be about SM then I now understand why you are unconcerned.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                      If you believe this to be about SM then I now understand why you are unconcerned.
                      Fight the good fight speights boy - lets check up in a years time and see how much you have changed the world.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc View Post
                        Fight the good fight speights boy - lets check up in a years time and see how much you have changed the world.
                        Yes let's do that.
                        The ability to freely challenge Government behaviour is not something citizens of all countries enjoy.

Of course change can often be simply preserving current rights and privileges which have been fought for in the past.
                        It is therefore easy for someone to criticise and ask " what have you actually achieved?"

It is not until certain freedoms have been lost that some people wake up to what has actually been happening.
                        By then of course, it is usually too late.

Comment

Agree with you SB - the GCSB has passed it's second reading how many more hurdles has it got before it passed into law?

I'd prefer NZ to be more 'independent'. I read the UK were getting tens of millions of dollars for spying for USA - is the GCSB a revenue stream for our Govt?

Meanwhile, Mr Key said the question of who owns the metadata that each person generates online, including when they email, text, or use a search engine, is more about "who can access data and under what conditions"."I'm not quite sure it's really an ownership issue. It's who can actually see the information," he said.
                          However, when pressed over who has rights over such metadata, Mr Key said: "Well, I think in certain circumstances, the Government, if it's collecting that data for the purpose of trying to understand whether something untoward is taking place.
                          "For the most part, the individual obviously owns it, because you understand through your own phone bills or your own emails who you communicate with, what, where, and how and why. But obviously there are circumstances, and this is where the touchstone is or where the dilemma is, what is the demarcation line between the right of the Government or its agencies to look at information vis-à-vis the privacy of an individual.

Source

cheers,

Donna
                          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Good question.
                            Plus there is this historic episode.

When the photo-journalist left his recorder on the table at that stupid 2011 'cup of tea', Key spate the dummy and launched a police inquiry.
                            That inquiry included accessing the journalist texts to his lawyer.

So, Key has a hissy fit over that minor issue during a silly PR stunt; and yet the protesters against these GCSB powers are "misinformed"

The arrogance and hypocrisy is troubling to many.

Police seize Cuppagate texts
                            Lawyers are demanding a review of how police intercept private communications after a photo-journalist’s cellphone logs and messages, including exchanges with a lawyer, were obtained in and inquiry instigated by the PM.
                            Police seized the text messages of a photo-journalist involved in the "teapot tape" saga, including exchanges with his family, his lawyer and Herald on Sunday journalists.

Auckland University associate law professor Bill Hodge describes the police actions as "mind-boggling".
                            www.nzherald.co.nz/politics/news/article.cfm?c_id=280&objectid=10907972
                            Last edited by speights boy; 05-08-2013, 04:58 PM.

Comment

This is.....I was going to use the word funny.
                              Instead I'll agree with another commentator who calls it clever.

The secret diary of . . . John Key

OPINION: MONDAY

I never liked Fairfax journalist Andrea Vance. Right from the second I saw her, I thought, "That girl needs to have her phoned tapped."

Not that I looked at her phone records when they arrived on my desk, but my suspicions of her lax moral standards were confirmed when I saw how many times she'd been contacted by Video Ezy asking her to return late items.

And I'm afraid I don't share her taste in films.
                              Not that I've watched her on instore CCTV, but I've sometimes wanted to shout while she's dithering over a romantic comedy, "Hey, don't rent that one! Get out Flight, with Denzel Washington! He flies a passenger aircraft upside down!"
                              www.stuff.co.nz/blogs/opinion/8995339/The-secret-diary-of-John-Key
                              Last edited by speights boy; 05-08-2013, 05:03 PM.

Comment

A two minute video featuring the Prime Minister of NZ.

Comment

Working...
                                X