Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NZ list of state house locations

Hi,

I am looking at buying a rental in the WLG region, is there a list from Housing NZ or the council that would show all state houses.
    Or one that could be obtained via Official inf act inquiry.
    I want to know whats in the area before I commit.

Thanks Jacob.
    Last edited by jacob.hazelmax; 13-05-2013, 10:15 PM.

Interesting question. Maybe you should ask under the OIA as you suggest.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by jacob.hazelmax View Post
      Hi,

I am looking at buying a rental in the WLG region, is there a list from Housing NZ or the council that would show all state houses.
      Or one that could be obtained via Official inf act inquiry.
      I want to know whats in the area before I commit.

Thanks Jacob.

Is this cos you don't want to buy near State Houses?

Comment

Yes, thats right; I dont want to buy near a state house.
        I'll see what I can find out and let you all know.
        Thanks Jacob.

Comment

Census info may give you useful info, though probably not specifically state house info. School decile may be an indicator to use if you are wanting to know the relative wealth of the area.

There was a policy of placing state houses in all areas, though with the land prices in top areas they have been largely sold off. I have 2 ex-state houses in an area bordering an expensive suburb. Haven't a day in the last 10 years without a tenant. Old state house areas can be great!

Comment

I too have a couple, opposite each other, which have performed well over 18 years. In a "bad" area as well. They started me into property management and I learned off of the tenants.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

You can do a search on Terranet under owner. I have never tried a specific area but often when looking to find a owner of a specific property it comes up with Housing NZ as the owner. So if you just do the search on the index of Housing New Zealand as the owner (free search) it will come up with the whole list. You can search by region then after that you might need to use some clever sorting.

Comment

Yes,but not all Housing New Zealand owned homes are under their name....for some obvious reasons.

Comment

ladyagent, really? Have you seen other company/govt department names?
                  Property Guru/Terranet has worked for me.

Ex state houses are often solid and with some insulation can be great renters. Add usual paint, carpet, bath, kitchen and could be nice do-up.
                  Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

Comment

Yes........

Comment

Originally posted by ladyagent View Post
                      Yes........
                      Thats great, thanks for all the responses. will try Terranet.

- J.

Comment

Working...
                      X