Cladding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cladding

Fletcher built home has this cladding - looks like plaster with bubbles built 2004/5.

what are the recommendations to ensure that this product and intended design -will not cause any issues now and in the future?

if its Harditex, then does it need painting at recommended timeframes?

I'm guessing that you are looking at a rough cast texture coated fibre cement sheet -TCFC (there is no photo attached yet if you posted one). If it is a James Hardies product, it will be Monotek, the successor to Harditex.

Check the consent drawings and see if it was installed over a drained and vented cavity. If not, then you seriously need to ask why not. If it is single level with massive eaves that would be a good reason. Either way there are some standard maintenance requirements.

If it is a TCFC, then it will need painting every 7-10 years, sealant joints replaced every 5-7 years, and any inspection and repair performed to any penetration through the cladding every 1-2 years. Do not allow ground levels to touch the bottom of the cladding. Keep gardens dug back etc

Comment

We did our office roofing but have contracted to maintain the same, so never had to worry about anything related to maintaining the roofing. I guess the best idea always is to call service people and charge them this job.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by lourencohen View Post
        We did our office roofing but have contracted to maintain the same, so never had to worry about anything related to maintaining the roofing. I guess the best idea always is to call service people and charge them this job.

Thanks
        sometimes i have a biscuit with my coffee sometimes i dont, you random newby you

Comment

Is that with or without dunking?

my 7 years is up so have to look at getting it done. Its a 2 storey house, any idea how much the going rate is and what would be the cost of scafolding - could do it myslef if this is done.

Comment

Originally posted by JABlog View Post
            Is that with or without dunking?

my 7 years is up so have to look at getting it done. Its a 2 storey house, any idea how much the going rate is and what would be the cost of scafolding - could do it myslef if this is done.
            get a painter round to have a look and give you a quote, expect scaffolding to be expensive since all the fall protection bollocks they have you by the short hairs

Comment

How much does cladding cost then?

Comment

Product is james Hardi Monotech
                texture-coated
                Good thing is the code of compliance was done in 2004/5
                2003- was the when new compliance rules in place with design etc.

I am conscious of the fact is that the only thing that separates water and the timber is the single coat of paint ?

Comment

Working...
                X