Tenant wont disarm her burgler alarm to allow access

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I can understand.
    Some alarms can have multiple codes for arm/disarm and possible to see who used it. Thanks for update.
    Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

Comment

Keep in mind that if there ever is an emergency such as a leak,we will not hesitate to enter and trip the alarm in doing so .
      I have told her this

Comment

Water into the house from the outside is a MAINTENANCE Issue which the LL has to rectify ASAP and she is not legally allowed to prevent you from doing it. If you give her 48hrs notice that you need unobstructed access to the property to remove the excess water (and I would give it in writing and hand it to her in person saying it was hand delivered on date..time etc) then you are not only well within your rights to do this but the TA legally expects you to do this to.

Failure to maintain your property and uphold your responsibilities as a LL could see you in TT reimbursing her rent or giving her free rent in the future!

i had a tenant who padlocked their gates when the lawnmower guy was scheduled to visit, and because the lawns were included in their TT agreement it fell on me (the LL) to maintain them. I had their tenancy ended at TT because of this.

Cover your ass, put it in writing and if she does try to stop you at least you have some written proof that you tried to be reasonable and if it escalates to the point where it does damage your property then again, having it in writing will help you recover costs but I would try to avoid that if at all possible as it’s not easy to prove long term water damage is the cause of the tenant.

Comment

Tip with the water blasting too, don’t get too close to the house, it can damage your cladding. Stand a decent amount away from your house and use a broom to help get rid of the stubborn stuff and avoid angling it upwards or you end up pushing water up under your weatherboards.

GOOD LUCK!

Comment

I watched a professional group clean a commercial building we've got an office in - it's just shadow clad (board and batten) - I was amazed at how 'low' pressure their water blaster was at - i.e. they took care not to use it at full force but instead use a 'cleaning agent' and a brush and a gentle hose down.

cheers,

Donna
            Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

You’re right Donna, you can’t avoid using good old fashioned elbow grease as tempting as it may seem to crank up the pressure and just let your water blaster just do all the work.

Comment

Working...
              X