Are we rich?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Damap View Post
    Having lived in both countries I can say the US are far more patriotic and proud of paying taxes.
    the top 10% paid an average of 30% of their income in local, state, and federal taxes in 2011
    And yet, your "my job is not to worry about the 47%" poster boy, who wanted to be the big boss...appears to think 14% tax for the top 1% is fair.
    Surely he would want to change the rules so that he could be "even more patriotic" and pay 30%?
    Was that his cunning plan?

Comment

I find it hard to believe you are stupid enough Speights ......
      Oh dear.
      Certainly not as unpleasant as your comment about Peter in the property market thread.
      Plus, I note you have not replied to his question.
      BTW...have we met?
      What an unpleasant comment, anonymous Damap. But I see you're new here (at least that's what your profile indicates).
      Do we know each other?
      - P

Comment

He's not "my" poster boy, that has no relevance to the tax issue.

Comment

Ahh...a closet Democrat supporter then?
          Welcome to the dark side.

So, the last presidential candidate's tax returns are not relevant to a discussion about tax in the US.
          Is that your position?

Comment

Of course, it is. There are 340 million people in America. The spurious attempt to connect 1 person to a nations behaviour is beyond ridiculous.

Re Peter the hilarious part is that he assumes that someone who doesn't like him must know him :-). His low opinion of himself is the funniest thing I have seen in a long time. You are being unkind about me therefore you must know me. Now that is very funny!!

Comment

The spurious attempt to connect 1 person to a nations behaviour is beyond ridiculous.
              And yet he is a twice failed candidate.
              Although I will admit on the 2nd attempt he was a bit less of a failure as the other candidates were even more ......
              (now, what is the word I am searching for ?)

It was certainly a credit to the people of the good ol' USA they saw through his charade for caring and inclusiveness and sent him packing.

At least now there is some chance that the 1 percentors can feel more proud and patriotic, as they start to pay the same effective rate as the middle class.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X