• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Property Management - fixed management fee

Has anyone had any experiences with Aspire Property Management or OptionB. OptionB offers fixed pricing according to their website. That seems good, but these companies are new, so i'm not sure who to go with.

Any recommendations?

Hi Paul,

I'd always be a bit careful of a really new property management firm. There is a lot of posts on property talk about dodgy property managers, and I would suggest going to a bigger firm, or one that has been established for a number of years.
    On Aspire's website they also have nothing about the owners, which puts me off a bit. Shouldn't an owner be proud to put their name on it?
    Also make sure they are property investors too. Someone who has owned 5 + properties, and experienced what it is like to be a property owner, is much better in my opinion.

Ross
    More Profit from Property? TEACH ME MORE
    Ross Barnett - Coombe Smith Property Accountants
    Proud to give the best property advice for over 13 years.

Wise words from Rosco. Until you know who you are dealing with and have a chance to
    at least Google them, you are at the mercy of unknown operators. That they don't
    give you that opportunity on their website shows either a lack of acumen or maybe
    something a bit more deliberate. Either way, it is at least an amber light.

Aspire - http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...panies/3708315. The Companies Office website is a fantastic tool for checking out who the names behind a company are.

PM companies offering a fixed fee are not new BUT they also don't seem to survive long.

Also search any Tenancy Tribunal orders in their name and any addresses you know of that they manage. Orders relating to PMs can give good info, eg bonds not lodged, failure to collect rent or do regular inspections.

Just be aware that there are some orders on the site (in my name as well) which are as a result of the PM tidying up owners mistakes.

I wouldn't jump into conclusion that new property managers are not good. Reputable property management companies have provided me poor services before. Also I am a believer of "Innocent until proven guilty" and I do give freshies chances to prove themselves. You can always fire them if you're not happy.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFR View Post
    I wouldn't jump into conclusion that new property managers are not good. Reputable property management companies have provided me poor services before. Also I am a believer of "Innocent until proven guilty" and I do give freshies chances to prove themselves. You can always fire them if you're not happy.
    I think the point is, don't go in with your eyes shut, and that goes for new and old managers.

Quote Originally Posted by NZFR View Post

Caveat Emptor really personally I prerfer references from trusted sources.

Thread Information