Property Management - fixed management fee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Management - fixed management fee

Has anyone had any experiences with Aspire Property Management or OptionB. OptionB offers fixed pricing according to their website. That seems good, but these companies are new, so i'm not sure who to go with.

Any recommendations?

Hi Paul,

I'd always be a bit careful of a really new property management firm. There is a lot of posts on property talk about dodgy property managers, and I would suggest going to a bigger firm, or one that has been established for a number of years.
    On Aspire's website they also have nothing about the owners, which puts me off a bit. Shouldn't an owner be proud to put their name on it?
    Also make sure they are property investors too. Someone who has owned 5 + properties, and experienced what it is like to be a property owner, is much better in my opinion.

Ross
    Book a free chat here
    Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

Wise words from Rosco. Until you know who you are dealing with and have a chance to
      at least Google them, you are at the mercy of unknown operators. That they don't
      give you that opportunity on their website shows either a lack of acumen or maybe
      something a bit more deliberate. Either way, it is at least an amber light.

Comment

Aspire - http://www.business.govt.nz/companie...panies/3708315. The Companies Office website is a fantastic tool for checking out who the names behind a company are.

Comment

PM companies offering a fixed fee are not new BUT they also don't seem to survive long.

Comment

Also search any Tenancy Tribunal orders in their name and any addresses you know of that they manage. Orders relating to PMs can give good info, eg bonds not lodged, failure to collect rent or do regular inspections.

Comment

Just be aware that there are some orders on the site (in my name as well) which are as a result of the PM tidying up owners mistakes.

www.3888444.co.nz
              Facebook Page

Comment

I wouldn't jump into conclusion that new property managers are not good. Reputable property management companies have provided me poor services before. Also I am a believer of "Innocent until proven guilty" and I do give freshies chances to prove themselves. You can always fire them if you're not happy.

Comment

Originally posted by NZFR View Post
                  I wouldn't jump into conclusion that new property managers are not good. Reputable property management companies have provided me poor services before. Also I am a believer of "Innocent until proven guilty" and I do give freshies chances to prove themselves. You can always fire them if you're not happy.
                  I think the point is, don't go in with your eyes shut, and that goes for new and old managers.

Comment

Originally posted by NZFR View Post

Caveat Emptor really personally I prerfer references from trusted sources.

Comment

Just because a property management company is new doesn't mean they're not good. The people running it could of had years working under a big name brand and decided to start their own company.

The best way to figure out if they're good or not is to meet them, show them around the property, ask them what THEY think it's worth and then put them through questioning. Get another property manager from another company ask them again what THEY think it's worth and then put them through questioning. Always pays to get two opinions.
                      Sometimes it's simply just how a property manager can be to you in person that determines if their your best option.

But I would say Aspire's fees are lower as they are:
                      A: New to the industry as a company
                      B: Possibly trying to gain more clientele by having low fees

Comment

Agreed. Also I prefer rental managers who are landlords too.

Originally posted by Maccachic View Post
                        Caveat Emptor really personally I prerfer references from trusted sources.

Comment

Originally posted by td91 View Post
                          Just because a property management company is new doesn't mean they're not good. The people running it could of had years working under a big name brand and decided to start their own company.
                          In that case, why don't they identify themselves on the website?

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                            In that case, why don't they identify themselves on the website?
                            Restraint of trade when they left their employment?

www.3888444.co.nz
                            Facebook Page

Comment

Thanks for the information. Do you have any recommendations for a property manager in Auckland?

Comment

Working...
                              X