Duped couple yet to pay off debts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Duped couple yet to pay off debts

Naive eldery couple fall for an online lottery scam and finally admit that it was a con except...

He said he had now accepted there was no lottery win but "Bev still has her hopes".
    Must be a mental illness Bev has.

An elderly Masterton couple who fell victim to overseas lottery scammers are yet to pay back any money borrowed from multiple friends and acquaintances.
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

stupid people and more stupid people loaning them money

Comment

It is amazing to think that the elderly seem more susceptible to these scams than young people. Surely older should mean wiser, and after a whole life of working you would realise that money just doesn't suddenly appear from nowhere. Same goes for the couple investing in a company believing that 100% profit within 3 months could be achievable. Perhaps it the trusting nature that catches them out? Either way its incredibly sad to hear how they lost their life savings with no real chance of recovery.

Comment

as they get old they lose their marbles as well as their cash

Comment

Originally posted by Gladdynook View Post
          It is amazing to think that the elderly seem more susceptible to these scams than young people. Surely older should mean wiser, and after a whole life of working you would realise that money just doesn't suddenly appear from nowhere. Same goes for the couple investing in a company believing that 100% profit within 3 months could be achievable. Perhaps it the trusting nature that catches them out? Either way its incredibly sad to hear how they lost their life savings with no real chance of recovery.
          Well said!

Comment

Hope is the last thing someone has before they give up.
            Homes For Sale in USA I | Home Loans I | Home Renovation Tips

Comment

It's sad that they fell for the scam but when are they going to take responsibility for their actions? Over 10 months their "friends" have been waiting for their money. They own a $500,000 property in Masterton! What is that, a 4 bedroom, 3 bathrooms, on a hectare of land? You can get a bloody nice 3 bed place for that not far from there for under $400k. I think they should immediately down size and repay the people they scammed. If Bev is right and the "winnings" do eventually turn up, not only will flying pigs make headlines but she can say "I told you so" from the top of their private yacht. But till then take responsibility!

Comment

Working...
              X