Property buying withdrawal symptoms?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property buying withdrawal symptoms?

I just bought my first property after months of looking. Now I feel kind of empty. At first I was relieved to have finally found something but now I feel I want to keep searching for a property but I probably won't be able to buy another property for a couple of years. I am still checking houses on Trademe and am considering attending some auctions on the weekend. Is this weird?

No.
    You like chase.
    Take up fishing.

Comment

Originally posted by firsttimecaller View Post
      I just bought my first property after months of looking. Now I feel kind of empty. At first I was relieved to have finally found something but now I feel I want to keep searching for a property but I probably won't be able to buy another property for a couple of years. I am still checking houses on Trademe and am considering attending some auctions on the weekend. Is this weird?
      In a way it is good.
      It means you are keeping up with the market with a finger on the pulse.

Comment

Keep on looking and picking off the banks and other lenders one by one. You may be able to buy quicker than you think, motivation is a wonderful thing.

Comment

Originally posted by firsttimecaller View Post
          Oh you poor, poor thing. It's called an addiction. It cares not what your demographic is... and once this addiction gets hold, it's pretty hard to shake.

There's many people on this website who suffer from the same thing. Most manage it well, with only slight lapses into buying every now and then.

Others have spun out, called themselves Gurus, duped others into believing that they are Gurus (the Messiah complex?) and then to go R,S & B (rip, s*** and bust).

The RE investing landscape is littered with their corpses.

I would suggest you stand in front of the mirror and say "I am a property investor and I have an addiction." I won't do you much good because it's still there, but at least you've acknowledged it out loud.

Welcome to the club.
          Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Yeah property investing is like this, you only buy every now and then. Then you maybe do it up or what have you and then wait for ages to buy another one.

So some investors get into trading to make more money to buy their next one... Not saying I recommend this.

It's frustrating but property investment is a slow game.
            Squadly dinky do!

Comment

talk to mortgage broker and see what ways you can borrow more.

Comment

Working...
              X