Property Managers in Auckland?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Property Managers in Auckland?

I've unexpectedly come across a place for sale that I used to live in, in Henderson (West Auckland) it's been done up really nicely and the price is within my budget. So I've decided I'm going to buy it, rent it out for a year or so and hopefully move into it myself after that.

My question is, the house has been renovated to top specs and will probably fetch an above market rent because of this. So I am after a property manager who is going to find the suitable tenant and be able to manage it. Someone who is pro-active, I have no idea about property managers as I have never rented before. So any ideas on who would be a good fit would be very helpful!
    I've seen all the typical Barfoot & Thompson, Harcourts etc but never heard anything about them

Thanks in advance!

Try Auckland Property Management.. Unlike Barfoot and Harcourts, whose first business is selling houses they just do property management. Been in the business for over 30yrs and have very experienced property managers , several with over 15yrs experience. The cover all of Auckland so could definitely help you .
    Auckland Property Management has the plan that best fits your needs from our Residential, Body Corporate and Commercial. Call for more info 09-638-2500.

Comment

barfoots and harcourts in central auckland both have full time property management divisions that have next to nothing to do with sales agents

they often are even big enough to have rentals staff who are separate again from property managers
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

within the Company they are still treated as the poor cousin to the Salespeople. In each office of B & T they PM are hired by the manager of the office.. who often know nothing about property management and that manager is their boss. Harcourts offices are franchised so again the manager of the sales office is often the boss of the sales office.... I've been in the biz 20 yrs so know all this
        Auckland Property Management also have separate letting people, business development people and several accounts people. They are licensed real estate company so are audited 4 times a yr etc.

I would offer to help you myself but I manage properties on the Shore

Comment

i guess the point being

that with the HUGE number of rentals in close proximity in ak

you are more likely to highly professional and experienced mangers

than in taniatua
          have you defeated them?
          your demons

Comment

Where is taniatua, eri?
            "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

yikes

my maori spelling of small towns not what it used to be

have you defeated them?
              your demons

Comment

Hi

I can recommend Impression Real estate, they are also a company where Property Management is the main focus.

Comment

Taneatua has a Wiki page!

Hope all is going well with your rental property td91.
                  Couldn't resist posting as we at Rentex would love to help.
                  Our office number is 09 451 9430 or you're more than welcome to contact one of our property managers directly.
                  For sheree99, the sales portion of the business was sold ~11 years ago so we could focus exclusively on property management including casual letting.
                  Rentex Limited Property Management - Est. 1988

Comment

Since this thread has been brought up again:
                    Stay FAR AWAY from Impression Real Estate - the stories I could tell..
                    Goodwin Property Management have been quite good in my books, as a tenant. I'd consider using them for my property. They do charge a goodly amount but are very proactive.

Comment

I run a property management company called zerorentals.co.nz - the pricing is substantially lower than others, our managers are mobile meaning they are more proactive (properties are viewed every single month) and our costs are low (no lease cost, expensive websites or manager salries). I encourage anyone to view and see if our new model is good for you!

Comment

Suffice to say I've just deleted a large post.

Their web site makes interesting reading.
                        Last edited by Keys; 28-11-2013, 04:03 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
                        Facebook Page

Comment

This is just spam so I didn't pay it much thought, but wow their website is entertaining:

"Fixed term / cancellation fee
                          There is no fixed term agreement with Zero Rentals, however, if the landlord sells the property or cancels the management agreement at any time, a cancellation fee of $499 (plus GST) is payable."

Poor landlords.

Comment

Thanks for reviewing the site Neongreen - we have a cancellation fee to ensure we deal with long term relationships (the fee is never payable for the landlord that holds indefinitely) - lets take a quick look at the maths.

With rent of $400 a week - normal fee at 7% - $28 a week or $1456 a year.

Zero charges total of $565 for first year and $420 every year after that - if you cancel after one year and pay cancellation fee - total cost is still only $1,065, still nearly 30% cheaper than 'other' options.

Comment

Just hope your tenants don't take you to the Tenancy Tribunal. Mind you, it is toothless as there is no penalty.

Not saying anything else on the matter. Last time I got het up over an issue like this I said too much.

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X