Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agent advertises sale price to all our neighbours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Agent advertises sale price to all our neighbours!

We've just moved into our new house and the agent has sent a postcard to all our neighbours advertising the sale price! Apart from being bloody rude, I thought that sale prices could not be made public for six weeks? Comments?
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Although it will eventually be public information I think this is extremely rude. A quick phone call to yourself or even email regarding his/her intent would have been the professional thing to do. Marketing is a big focus for agents but this would not play well with a lot of people I know.

Comment

yet them know you are disappointed that the transaction that you paid money for

is being used by them to try and drum up business without your permission

and that you are annoyed enough that you are investigating to see if they have broken the 6 week law

like petty criminals

they consider no conviction

all the permission they need to continue and escalate
      Last edited by eri; 26-01-2013, 03:26 PM.
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

You must have got a good price and they got over excited. I bought a place for a bargain. In the regular recent sales update a different agent sent me, the house I recently purchased was missing from the list....

They will work their sales advertising to make the market look better than it is.

Comment

Originally posted by DazRaz View Post
          They will work their sales advertising to make the market look better than it is.
          We bought $46k below GV, so I doubt the neighbours will be impressed. She did a terrible job marketing it. Poor photos and didn't follow up on questions we had. She got commission because we wanted to buy it, not because she was any good at selling it.

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
            and that you are annoyed enough that you are investigating to see if they have broken the 6 week law
            May I have a reference please?

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Keys View Post
              May I have a reference please?
              I haven't been able to find anything about this.

Comment

Oh those damn agents! Who would be one of those!

Never heard of a 6 week law.

I agree, this would annoy me as well. It is a bit cheeky, but I guess what they're trying to do is attract business by showing they're active in the area etc. They might also be trying to condition the owners in that area i.e. you can sell but this is what houses are selling for...

In real estate it is almost impossible to do your job without offending someone in one way or another.
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

I wonder if she'd mind if I posted something to her neighbours telling them how much commission she made?

Comment

Except Drelly, you don't know, do you ?

Comment

Do you mind if I ask who the agent was? If it was in the city I have had a fair amount of dealings with them.

This is really unprofessional IMO. This person really should be named and shamed.

Comment

Originally posted by speights boy View Post
                        Except Drelly, you don't know, do you ?
                        I don't know for sure, no. Agents would normally make half the total commission payable.

Originally posted by absoluteproperty View Post
                        Do you mind if I ask who the agent was? If it was in the city I have had a fair amount of dealings with them.
                        It was Lisa Gray from Ray White, Whangarei.

Just as an aside... I've been told several times before from agents that sales prices are not public for six weeks. I have know idea where that comes from though. If you agree that any publicity is good publicity, I can see the point in doing it but I personally think that the bad reactions you'd inevitably get from it wouldn't be worth the risk.
                        Last edited by drelly; 28-01-2013, 12:39 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                          It was Lisa Gray from Ray White, Whangarei.

Originally posted by letter to neighobrs
                          Hi, sold my house recently with Lisa Gray, your neighbor. The house sold in 23 days. The commission I paid was $17,000. Maybe Lisa could do a party for the street?
                          Who cares if they assume that Lisa got the whole commission? As long as it is factual, there is no problem is there?

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Keys - Ha! I was thinking something just like that.

Comment

Terrible, and something I would have expected from maybe a big city agent perhaps not as fully versed in the law as they claim to be. But a Kiwi from a smaller city where everyone knows everyone.. that is another matter.

Perhaps letting her know that your mind may not be set on her selling the house when you decide to move on because of what she has done may get the message through, though too late for you maybe not for the next person.

Comment

Working...
                              X