Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Agent advertises sale price to all our neighbours!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe that the six week period everyone refers to, is from the time when it used to take approx 6 weeks for change of ownership to show at LINZ &
    Council lists.

These days it does take a great deal less time.

Also, very few people are actually interested in what your house sold for until such time as they want to list their house. And if they're interested at that stage, the REA agent who lists their house, should provide that information then.

Lay a complaint with her boss.
    Patience is a virtue.

Comment

You are able to request with REINZ for your property sale price to not be registered on public domain (terralink), and hence no one would have access to it. I don't know where you would find out more, but I would say the Public Register Privacy Principles (set up by the Privacy Act 1993) would be a good start. Do some light reading!

Comment

As every one has already stated or intimated Lisa Gray's axctions are "off" I actually think that there is an issue the privacy commissioner should look at even just to make a determination on the level of appropriateness. Although the sale price is available ( for those who want/need to know). Advertising the sale price to a much wider group ( who have not requested the information) seems very close to breaching the principles of privacy. However I have gained the impression that NZ officials are not much better than Law clerks they make determinations based on black and white and don't look at overarching principles. Perhaps its a concern to put to Fair go? It may be legal but that doesn't make it acceptable to the community
        The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Put me down as one that doesn't think it's particularly "off".

Drelly, just explain again, why do you actually give a flying toss?

Hurry, before the law is invoked, privacy commissioner involved and we all get worry creases.

Comment

Originally posted by kapitibeanman View Post
            Drelly, just explain again, why do you actually give a flying toss?
            Actually my Wife is the one out for blood. I think it's rude... and also stupid. I'd never use her again and will not recommend her. It's like your accountant telling people what you earn or your doctor telling jokes about your health. The legalities of it aren't what bother me. It shows a lack of integrity and respect for the customer.
            You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
              snip ... It's like your accountant telling people what you earn or your doctor telling jokes about your health. The legalities of it aren't what bother me. It shows a lack of integrity and respect for the customer.
              and that is the crux of it ... so much for Lisa Gray from Ray White, Whangarei
              Derived from "Turbid" ..... akin to toxic Carbide(s) .... by adding "e" to "Turbid", we then have,
              Turbide(s) = new alternative word for Scumbag(s) .. Thankfully, humanity's minority -
              May 2012

Comment

Actually my Wife is the one out for blood. I think it's rude... and also stupid. I'd never use her again and will not recommend her. It's like your accountant telling people what you earn or your doctor telling jokes about your health. The legalities of it aren't what bother me. It shows a lack of integrity and respect for the customer.
                Except it's not like your accountant telling people what you earn, or your doctor telling jokes about your health, because neither of those pieces of information are publically available at any time, whether six weeks after you got your job/went to the doctor, or immediately. Nor is it in any way a breach of the Privacy Act, because, again... public information!

The six-week business is a red herring. Would you be any less annoyed if she'd sent the flyer out six weeks after you'd bought? Or are you just looking for something to sting her with because you are annoyed?

On the same basis (that apparently after six weeks you'd think it was kosher), I don't see how there's any lack of integrity. Respect for the customer I'll grant you might have been missing, if only because your reaction can't be that unusual. So rude, and stupid, yes.

The thing that actually matters is that you didn't like it, and you're probably not the only people who wouldn't like it. You should therefore let the salesperson know how unimpressed you are and see if she takes it on board.

If she doesn't, I think your idea of venting your frustration by delivering a follow-up flyer is an excellent one. Remember to add in too the fact that her sales skills were only sufficient to get $46k less than GV.

Comment

Originally posted by Sante View Post
                  Except it's not like your accountant telling people what you earn, or your doctor telling jokes about your health, because neither of those pieces of information are publically available at any time, whether six weeks after you got your job/went to the doctor, or immediately. Nor is it in any way a breach of the Privacy Act, because, again... public information!.
                  I didn't say it was the same and I didn't say it was a breach of the privacy act. It's more about a breach of trust. Available to the public via a paid service like Terranet isn't the same as being publicly advertised is it? Lots of things are legal, but that doesn't make them ethical.

The six-week business is a red herring. Would you be any less annoyed if she'd sent the flyer out six weeks after you'd bought? Or are you just looking for something to sting her with because you are annoyed?
                  Apparently it is a red herring and I would be just as annoyed after 6 weeks. It's just more irritating to hear it from our new neighbours before we've even finished unpacking. In fact as far as advertising goes, it's backfired. They told us about it because they thought it was in poor taste. I never said I wasn't annoyed.

If she doesn't, I think your idea of venting your frustration by delivering a follow-up flyer is an excellent one. Remember to add in too the fact that her sales skills were only sufficient to get $46k less than GV
                  Nah, I'm annoyed but not enough to do something like this.
                  You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
                    yet them know you are disappointed that the transaction that you paid money for

is being used by them to try and drum up business without your permission

The Purchaser didn't pay the RE person a cent , the Seller pays the commission to the RE person. and it was the Seller who contracted the RE person to do the job.

Have you considered that the Seller may have given their SP or the RE company permission to tell everyone what their house sold for.
                    Last edited by sheree99; 22-02-2013, 11:52 PM.

Comment

We bought $46k below GV, so I doubt the neighbours will be impressed. She did a terrible job marketing it. Poor photos and didn't follow up on questions we had. She got commission because we wanted to buy it, not because she was any good at selling it.
                      Maybe the RE was just showing th neighbours that the new owners were cheapskates and wouldn't pay a decent amount for the property.

Comment

Originally posted by sheree99 View Post
                        Maybe the RE was just showing th neighbours that the new owners were cheapskates and wouldn't pay a decent amount for the property.

Sheree99 are you the real-estate agent?
                        The mission of any business enterprise should include the aim to develop economic conditions rather than simply react to them.

Comment

Originally posted by sheree99 View Post
                          The Purchaser didn't pay the RE person a cent
                          When I sell, I take the commission into account with my price. To say the purchaser didn't pay a cent is not quite accurate.

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Except it's not like your accountant telling people what you earn, or your doctor telling jokes about your health, because neither of those pieces of information are publically available at any time, whether six weeks after you got your job/went to the doctor, or immediately. Nor is it in any way a breach of the Privacy Act, because, again... public information!
                            But it is publicising for the intent of personal gain information gleaned during a private interaction. It is a betrayal of trust and this is the crux of the issue as I see it.
                            People have a right to feel agrieved at a betrayal of trust, regardless of if it could become public knowledge in the future or not - it's not the knowledge that is the issue it's the betrayal.

In addition to this it raises other issues as to integrity. It is likely that at some point details of income and various other personal matters may have been discussed with the agent - can one really rely on them to not disclose this information to others if they don't understand the concept of integrity?

Comment

Wow, it is very unprofessional and unethical. Give the agent a call and tell him/her to stop doing it. It amazes me that people will do anything to get money nowadays.

Comment

I'm NOT a real estate agent
                                Last edited by sheree99; 23-02-2013, 11:16 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X