Avondale or Massey?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Avondale or Massey?

Would you be better off buying a crappy, smaller house in Avondale or getting a larger house & section, freehold somewhere further out west like Massey?I don't know much about Massey as an area but I was thinking since it's close to some nice areas like West Harbour and not too far from the shore as well it could be an up and coming area that would be worth investing in.We have also looked at areas like Kelston but even though it's technically closer to the city, Massey is near the motorway making it faster to travel into the city.I'm no expert in property investing so I just wanted to vent my thoughts to see if I was on the right track. Another option we're looking at is the good side of Mt Wellington which seems to be around the same price point as Avondale.

FWIW....I'd go out west......massey/royal heights

Cheers
    Spaceman

Comment

I would choose Massey. Stay away from Massey East, and bad parts of Massey West and 500m/or from sight from the high voltage power lines that run parallel to Triangle Road. The good part of Massey West (Anich Road, Crompton Road, Neilson ....),Massey North, Royal Heights or the cheaper part of West Harbour (off Hobsonville Road) is my pick. Especially with the Westgate Town Ship construction taking place. Avondale/Avondale Heights seems too popular

Comment

Originally posted by GenY View Post
        I would choose Massey. Stay away from Massey East, and bad parts of Massey West and 500m/or from sight from the high voltage power lines that run parallel to Triangle Road. The good part of Massey West (Anich Road, Crompton Road, Neilson ....),Massey North, Royal Heights or the cheaper part of West Harbour (off Hobsonville Road) is my pick. Especially with the Westgate Town Ship construction taking place. Avondale/Avondale Heights seems too popular
        Avondale heights are expensive. My concern about Massey is the schools , making it difficult for families with children.
        Are you aware of good school zones there ?

Comment

Best primary schools in massey is St Paul's primary (need to enrol at age 1 to get in) or Lincoln Heights. Massey high school is a good school. West harbour has Marina View and Hobsonville Primary schools both decile ten

Comment

Lincoln heights

Best primary schools in massey is St Paul's primary (need to enrol at age 1 to get in) or Lincoln Heights. Massey high school is a good school. West harbour has Marina View and Hobsonville Primary schools both decile ten
            I do not know much about west auckland but recently a property in Lincoln came across my desk and I let it go to market. The owner wanted me to consider purchasing it before it went to an agent. Is Lincoln a good area?
            http://Www.renopro.nz

Comment

Depends Dood. What street was it? Lincoln north solid rental area close to schools, shops and motorway.
              Lincoln heights are the streets off waimumu road massey west- good part. More first home buyers here.

Comment

I like the looks of this house in Massey. I have no idea about Massey prices or good/bad parts so I am probably way off the mark here .

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

It is listed as a Home and Income but the advert is vague on the details of the "income" so I would guess its probably not legal. But huge section overlooking some farm or reserve.

The other thing I like is its a private sale so you get to negotiate with the owner directly.

Shane

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
                  I like the looks of this house in Massey. I have no idea about Massey prices or good/bad parts so I am probably way off the mark here .

Find your dream home in New Zealand with Trade Me. Browse our full range of NZ real estate listings to discover the perfect property for families, couples and s...

It is listed as a Home and Income but the advert is vague on the details of the "income" so I would guess its probably not legal. But huge section overlooking some farm or reserve.

The other thing I like is its a private sale so you get to negotiate with the owner directly.

Shane
                  would not be better to consider a smaller section with much bigger floor area ? 450k is a good money in Massey.

Comment

Depends Dood. What street was it? Lincoln north solid rental area close to schools, shops and motorway.
                    Lincoln heights are the streets off waimumu road massey west- good part. More first home buyers here.
                    Rathgar road directly behind PAC n save

Comment

Originally posted by ammar View Post
                      would not be better to consider a smaller section with much bigger floor area ? 450k is a good money in Massey.
                      Ammar,

Always better to have more land in my opinion. Its the land that goes up in value. Buildings go down in value over time.

For me, the only way this property in Massey would stack up as an investment is
                      A) the "income" i.e. 2nd dwelling could be rented out separately (it mentions home and income in the advert)
                      B) the big backyard could eventually have a minor dwelling put on it

Shane

Comment

Hi Dood this an area I like to invest in. Close to the major shops, <5min to the motorway (off peak) and six local schools on or off Rathgar. The houses are all 60, 70, 80s- hardiplank, weatherboard or brick and tile- all reliable and low stress. What did it go for?

Comment

Will find out

Hi Dood this an area I like to invest in. Close to the major shops, <5min to the motorway (off peak) and six local schools on or off Rathgar. The houses are all 60, 70, 80s- hardiplank, weatherboard or brick and tile- all reliable and low stress. What did it go for?
                          Thanks for that. I will find out and send you a private message with the outcome.

Comment

Originally posted by Shane D View Post
                            Ammar,

Always better to have more land in my opinion. Its the land that goes up in value. Buildings go down in value over time.

For me, the only way this property in Massey would stack up as an investment is
                            A) the "income" i.e. 2nd dwelling could be rented out separately (it mentions home and income in the advert)
                            B) the big backyard could eventually have a minor dwelling put on it

Shane
                            That is right , but I thought new modern house in Massey, with smaller section, could be easier to rent ? anyhow it is individual choice.

Comment

the outcome

Originally posted by Dood View Post
                              Thanks for that. I will find out and send you a private message with the outcome.
                              I am not an advertisement and i have no interest in this property..FWIW

fully renovated 3 bedroom home will be on the market at 350k and i was asked to purchase at...check your private message

Comment

Working...
                              X