Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KiwiBuild - Labour's latest spectacularly stupid idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by artemis View Post
    Paul Henry's telly show Rebuilding Paradise ran a competition for the best 30 second business idea vid. One that made the final 3 (of many) but didn't win was the government using wool insulation in all its buildings, including social housing, to give that industry an immediate boost. We do wool rather well and the government is going to insulate anyway.

Incidentally, the idea that won was a $2000 Air NZ local only travel voucher for each household, expiring in 6 months. The other finalist was for organic skincare. The judge, being a chap though not Mr Henry, might not have realised there are several of these companies here already.
    Yeah as you say 'wool' is a happening thing. The idea that won...a AirNZ travel voucher for local travel exp. in 6 months is not producing anything - it's a service (not a business idea) and one that's short-lived. Sounds like it was rigged.

There are many innovators already in NZ - they just need help. Where I live you can walk past garages, sheds and see the tinkering going on - how about investment and support offered to people who create great new products from a sustainable resources? What are the Greens doing? This could their pet project.

cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
      What are the Greens doing?
      Moaning, mostly.

Greens' James Shaw says party wanted more for welfare in $50b Covid-19 Budget spend

Comment

• If only there was a party that cared about the environment.
        The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• Days Long Ago & Gone

There used to be a NZ Green Party. I was [way back then] a card-carrying, meeting-attending member. Even stood in a GE as a Greens candidate.

Then they became the Watermelon Party (green outer - red inner) as they were taken over by the social engineers. I ran as fast as I could - as did many others of the original / founder supporters.

Those 'runners' were the ones concerned about the environment.

Comment

• Originally posted by donna View Post
            Yeah as you say 'wool' is a happening thing. The idea that won...a AirNZ travel voucher for local travel exp. in 6 months is not producing anything - it's a service (not a business idea) and one that's short-lived. Sounds like it was rigged.

There are many innovators already in NZ - they just need help. Where I live you can walk past garages, sheds and see the tinkering going on - how about investment and support offered to people who create great new products from a sustainable resources? What are the Greens doing? This could their pet project.

cheers,
            Donna
            The travel voucher idea was to get households off the sofa and spending on accommodation, restaurants etc. Keeping the spending in the country and the tourism sector especially.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
              There used to be a NZ Green Party. I was [way back then] a card-carrying, meeting-attending member. Even stood in a GE as a Greens candidate.

Then they became the Watermelon Party (green outer - red inner) as they were taken over by the social engineers. I ran as fast as I could - as did many others of the original / founder supporters.

Those 'runners' were the ones concerned about the environment.
              Oh, good for you, that's impressive.
              I have never understood the Green party.
              I just thought it was a bunch of hippies who wanted to figure out a way to make Weed legal.

I'm totally for solutions that enhance the human experience while interacting wisely with the natural environmental systems.
              I guess a holistic approach always seemed wise to me.

What were the main ideas and projects that you wanted to see operational?
              How did the Social engineers infiltrate and steer the group to other targets?

Comment

• Woeful Waste Wonders

Taxpayers Union Awards
                15 July 2020

Lifetime Achievement Award

Hon Phil Twyford is this year?s Lifetime Achievement Award Winner for excellence in government waste.

Originally posted by Taxpayers Union
                First elected as a list MP in 2008, Phillip Stoner Twyford was thrust into power as Minister of Housing, Urban Development, and Transport in 2017.

His most high-profile election promise was to build 100,000 KiwiBuild homes in 10 years, with an initial investment of $2 billion. Two years into that period, KiwiBuild has delivered just 395 houses ? fewer than the number of houses blocked by protestors at Ihumātao. At the current rate, Phil Twyford?s promise will be fulfilled in 436 years.

Even with the taxpayer subsidy, these homes are too expensive or located in places people don?t want to buy. As a result, many finished homes have sat on the market for six months or more, and the Government has promised to buy back homes that do not sell.

Last year, the Prime Minister finally removed Phil Twyford from the Housing portfolio.

However, his record of waste now extends far further than KiwiBuild. As Transport Minister, Twyford blew out the cost of SkyPath ? a cycleway across Auckland?s Harbour Bridge ? from $67 million to $360 million, with more cost increases expected once construction actually begins.

Twyford has also increased fuel taxes by 12 cents per litre ? and even more in Auckland ? across three years.

This tax hike was justified on the basis of paying for light rail from Auckland Central, down Dominion Road to the airport. Last month, after two and a half years and $5 million was spent investigating the project, the light rail proposal was shelved.

Despite the main justification for fuel tax hikes being void, Twyford has no plans to reverse his increases to the tax on commuters.

In his maiden speech in Parliament, he remarked: ?At the end of our times here, some of us will be remembered, but most of us will not.?

He need not worry. We are confident that taxpayers will never forget Phillip Stoner Twyford.
                The third annual Jonesie Awards, hosted at Parliament, celebrating the best of the worst of Government waste.

Comment

• Article blathering about kiwibuild, here.

Originally posted by Stuff
                  John Tookey, professor of construction at AUT, said the original settings and intention of the scheme had been naïve.
                  Charitable comment, that.

688 KiwiBuild homes were built and the administrative costs attributed to them were $9.6 million.
                  Ah yes, gummint bureaucracy at its best. I wonder how many houses the private sector could build for $9.6M?
                  What's that? Approx. gummint bureaucratic cost of $14k per kiwibuilt house.

Comment

• Hang on..
                    On a 600K house,
                    14K admin costs only works out to a few percent.

You might need to check my math, I just did it quickly in my head.

10%...is 60K...and 5% is 30K...so < 2.5%?

Is that a one off build admin cost, or an ongoing one?

If that Admin is too high... what would you say a reasonable figure should be?
                    And where is the waste?

Comment

• The fun continues as kiwijilt's another family. (Dear Dhil Twitford and your socio-commie pals . . .)

Four-month wait: Auckland family's Kiwibuild dream so close, yet so far
                      1 Jun 2021
                      Originally posted by STUFFed
                      Zara Dobson waited outside her future New Plymouth Kiwibuild home for two hours to secure it – but four months on she and her young family are still waiting to sleep there.
                      Who ya gonna vote for, next time, Zara?

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        Who ya gonna vote for, next time, Zara?
                        Well Jacinda of course!
                        She's so kind, and can't wait for the wedding.
                        The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

• Ahh, yes. The smiley-faced, vacuous, empty-headed, communist tooth fairy.

Almost akin to the cavalry-coming-over-the hill, of old.

But there was no one down in the valley to save.

Comment

• Does the gummint really think that all voters are truly that stupid? Especially Hamilton voters?

That must be so because the bullshit continues.

Originally posted by STUFFed (abridged)
                            Housing Minister and Labour’s campaign manager Megan Woods was in Hamilton to announce $150.6 million dollars worth of funding for . . . building . . . 4000 new homes.
                            With the much-vaunted kiwibuild, the morons-in-charge have yet to reach 3000, five years after announcing 10,000 a year!

Comment

Working...
                            X