Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

KiwiBuild - Labour's latest spectacularly stupid idea.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
    Way to falsely engineer the "market"!

Yea. well.
    It's an interesting question
    I like the why questions just as much as the how questions or should questions.
    I guess the why is obvious.
    The same reason you have a ref in sport, or a Speaker in Parliament.
    To get a fair game for all.
    The other alternative is an animalistic fight.

I could fix the How for them.

And as for the should?...hmmmm… i'll have to have a think about it.

Comment

• kiwibuild

bad joke by fools

blinded from reality

by ideology

KiwiBuild's 100,000 homes target has been scrapped and will not be replaced as part of the Government's sweeping project reset.

When announcing that reset both Twyford and Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern were adamant the 100,000 target would remain.

"Instead of the target, we will focus on building as many homes as we can, as fast as we can in the right places."

well they better take a big stick to the lefty bureaucrats controlling councils then

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...-other-changes

do they even have a webmaster?

Last edited by eri; 04-09-2019, 02:39 PM.
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

• oneroof like the 5% deposit

This matters because the single biggest barrier to buying a home, over the past 10 years, hasn’t been house prices or foreign buyers or speculators or any of the other bogeymen who have been blamed, it’s been the Reserve Banks ridiculous Loan to Value restrictions which have, single-handedly, kept thousands of first home buyers out of the market without making a jot of difference to house prices.

have you defeated them?
        your demons

Comment

• Further media commentary, here.

Cruddybulid? Whazzat?

Comment

• The Government has not scrapped the policy, and will be eager to tell voters their intention to get first-home buyers into homes with massive Government intervention remains intact.

But that's like selling someone a car and delivering a scooter.

They both serve the same purpose, but the product is not what was said on the tin.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ts-former-self
            have you defeated them?
            your demons

Comment

• This seems crazy

1) encouraging first home buyers to borrow 95%. Isn't that a bit risky and leaves no buffer!

2) Spending $400 million to help 4,000, or $100,000 per household.

This is just a joke!

Ross
              Book a free chat here
              Ross Barnett - Property Accountant

Comment

• Said on the tin and promised on the hustings?

Has a familiar - if hollow - ring.

There's lots of NZ consumer protection legislation that deals with tins and their contents.

There's no NZ voter protection legislation that deals with porkies from wanna-be and wanna-be-again politicians.

How odd.
                Last edited by Perry; 04-09-2019, 07:50 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosco View Post
                  1) encouraging first home buyers to borrow 95%. Isn't that a bit risky and leaves no buffer!

This is just a joke!
                  Nope. It's just lamentable Labour!

Comment

• from the most neutral

of the left wing commentators

Many voters will be feeling "ripped off" after today's KiwiBuild reset.

It turns out it was more about resetting public expectations than getting the government's housing affordability project "back on track" and actually delivering.

Having won power in 2017 on the basis of promises like KiwiBuild,

it would be apt if the Labour-led government lost that power in 2020 because of their failure to deliver.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/national/pol...ibuild-promise
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

• If we really want to see lower housing costs across the board, the root causes of the problem

– land supply and infrastructure issues

– are the areas that really need to be addressed.

https://www.stuff.co.nz/business/115...-doesnt-get-it
                      have you defeated them?
                      your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Rosco View Post
                        I'm sure that's not a handout of $100k per household, it gets paid back and recycled.
                        But surely you knew that?

Comment

• Originally posted by eri View Post
                          Having won power in 2017 on the basis of promises like KiwiBuild, it would be apt if the Labour-led government lost that power in 2020 because of their failure to deliver.
                          The National gummint said there was no problem - so nothing needed doing.

Labour says there is a problem, promises a fix - and does next-to-nothing.

Ho-hum.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            The National gummint said there was no problem - so nothing needed doing.

Labour says there is a problem, promises a fix - and does next-to-nothing.

Ho-hum.
                            I wouldn't say does next to nothing but the certainly failed in what they did.
                            But we knew they would, the only ones surprised seem to be them (well Phil and I'd love to know how some of the conversations in caucus went).

Comment

• ouch!

Ardern also pointed out that while the government had fallen well short of its initial 100,000 homes target,

it was performing “much better” in relation to its target of 100,000 measles cases.
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

• Originally posted by Wayne View Post
                                I wouldn't say does next to nothing but the certainly failed in what they did.
                                But we knew they would, the only ones surprised seem to be them (well Phil and I'd love to know how some of the conversations in caucus went).
                                What stuns me is that I, along with almost everyone else involved with property, pointed out that they had no chance of implementing their plans.

We were then abused, vilified, accused of being ignorant and selfish, and told we did not know what we were talking about.

Seems we were right after all.

Comment

Working...
                                X