Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrant of Fitness for rentals (including details)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Me too, and nobody has asked me.

This is local NZPIF group reacting to the dismal failure of the WCC effort.

Comment

• But is the proposal not just a de facto buy in to the present anti-LL sentiments?

I.e. It's still the same iced dream, but vanilla rather than strawberry flavoured?

Comment

• I live in Central Maine and have seen that the majority of apartments are run down, "you're seriously going to rent that with a straight face" type of units ... but I too question the need for more bureucracy. We have a "landlord registry" tyring to form here whereby we pay $50-$100 per unit (a month's earnings for the typical single family rental home) to pay for more inspectors. We already have inspectors, section 8 inspectors, and the fire department. Simply "upping the bar" a little (i.e. you have to take $100 off the rent if you use off white paint and blue commercial carpet, haha!)

Comment

• Originally posted by Keys View Post
          Tenants will be the losers. All around.
          Yes, unfortunately, it doesn’t look rosy for renters in term of costs imposed by upcoming changes, availability of rentals and a tougher screening process.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
            A while ago, I recall a proposal for CRAs to be able to report on timeliness of bill payments, rather than just on defaults. Anyone else remember that? If so, did it happen?

CRA = credit reporting agency
            this has just been implemented in Australia - they've packaged it up as positive credit reporting. Suggesting that applying for credit is a negative event and reporting on time payments as a positive for the individual who has the credit. They don't seem to mention the negative impact of reporting late payment of bills.

Comment

Working...
            X