Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warrant of Fitness for rentals (including details)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WaltNZ View Post
    riddler maybe but sure as heck aint the Joker
    We only have your word on that :-)

Comment

my mother has had the ceiling of her drafty old, high stud bungalow insulated for years

a few months ago she got the subsidy for underfloor insulation

great, but the wind still howls through and around the warped and poorly fitted wooden windows and doors

you can see daylight through them in many places...

so what's the solution? rip out all wood and replace with double-glazed windows and new doors?, may as well rip off the kauri weatherboards and fill the walls? or would it be better to simply hammer up 2x2 battens inside all exterior walls, fill with foam sheet and then repanel???

what's that likely to be worth all up $100,000?

and it would still have a shocking bathroom and kitchen...
      have you defeated them?
      your demons

Comment

The golden years of dumpster post baby boom inheritance free bees are over.....

Watch this space , better start doing up your dumpster now before you get stung by the reality Wasp
        Love it.
        A stupid doomer.
        This could be fun.
        in case you haunt already noticed in this country , we have a sick case of the haves and have nots, and a monopoly in the housing sector coupled with a lack of new builds has created a dynamic of limited supply and over priced dumpsters.......

The tide is about to change,
        Oh yeah?
        How?
        Looks to me like the supply is getting shorter and the demand is getting larger.
        Or is that what you're rejoicing about?

Comment

Originally posted by Glizzle View Post
          I didnt get the memo on caring for others feelings, is this required for a landlord ?
          This guy's a troll too.

So many idiots posting here just now.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
            This guy's a troll too.

So many idiots posting here just now.
            So your in the business of bending over for every need of your clients by having your hand forced? I bet not, i know my market i know what im going after and i know what makes money, no need to tell me whats required in MY houses. The basis of my comment was that more or less this would effect housing nz more then any other landlord, why would the govt push forward with that, its fairy tale thinking.
            Last edited by Glizzle; 13-09-2012, 01:30 PM.

Comment

The housing minister has already said that they are waiting until Housing NZ get their act together (insulation) before they push private LL's any more.

Comment

the tables are turning....

Insurance Companies will eventually force the Govt to have it up to a legal standards, as well as ACC.....

The days of making honey out of goat shite are over

Comment

Gee you know how to offend people.

Comment

the tables are turning....

Insurance Companies will eventually force the Govt to have it up to a legal standards, as well as ACC.....

In your dreams...

Comment

while those that make hay out of goat shite will deserve what they get the rest of us (the majority) will keep on providing needed, value accomodation at a competative price.

Not that I agree that the Insurance Companies will force the Govt to do anything - they don't care, not their business.....

Comment

Minimum Standards For Rentals Considered

Now here's something that should boost rent costs for the very
                        people it is supposed to help! Maybe it will only apply - at least
                        initially - to WINZ-supported tenants?

Minimum Standards For Rentals Considered
                        Catherine Harris
                        07/03/2013
                        Originally posted by Fairfax
                        Housing Minister Nick Smith has asked officials to do some initial
                        groundwork on a warrant of fitness for all rental properties. However,
                        the minister has stressed that if such a policy was rolled out, state
                        housing should be brought up to standard first. A spokesman for Smith
                        said the first priority would be to settle on what a minimum standard
                        would be. "They'd obviously need to address the state housing sector
                        first, and then if they feel comfortable with that, they would then
                        look into the private sector where there's government subsidies being
                        paid towards the tenants who are in these homes," he said.

Comment

<Maybe it will only apply - at least initially - to WINZ-supported tenants?>
                          Oh Perry you are so wrong- it is not WINZ supported tenants but Taxpayer supported tenants.
                          Many many years ago I had a flat which was rented to a Taxpayer supported tenant- I used to console myself that when ever I encountered a problem with said tenant that at least the tax I was paying was going full circle!
                          As to the storey re WOF for rentals yes f it ever eventuates yet another layer of meddling in our daily lives and more expensive rents for the poor tenant.
                          I do agree that there should be good quality rentals and I think most of us have those but the olda adage 'buyer beware" could equally apply to renter beware - if they are not happy just move somewhere else.

Comment

Right. As you'd guess, I know that WINZ is not
                            funded from Shonkey's blind Trust. But you're
                            right to pull me up on that, ahhh, 'oversight.'

Comment

that would cull out 70% of Dunedin student hovels

Comment

And nudge housing affordability
                                as they go.

Comment

Working...
                                X