• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 212 of 212 FirstFirst ... 112 162 202 210 211 212
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 2120

I'm afraid that tenants will be calling for mandatory housing soon. If the RTA reforms come in as some would wish, we will be hugely strict on applicants. We will turn down many, even before we get to the first stage of checking. Tenants will have to be exemplary, tenants will have to have solid income and not just out of Mum and Dad's home. It would be nice for a progressive enterprise to start up a tenants workshop with a final pass/fail ( not just an achieved or not yet competent standard ).

Tenants will be the losers. All around.

I have just recently turned down three applicants with minor credit infringements (cellphone and suchlike).
    A few years ago I would probably have taken the risk, but not now.

Quote Originally Posted by flyernzl View Post
    I have just recently turned down three applicants with minor credit infringements (cellphone and suchlike). A few years ago I would probably have taken the risk, but not now.
    A while ago, I recall a proposal for CRAs to be able to report on timeliness of bill payments, rather than just on defaults. Anyone else remember that? If so, did it happen?

CRA = credit reporting agency
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Default Wonder How Well This Will Go?

Property Investor group embarks on alternative to Council / Gov't rental WOF
    10 Sep 2018

Quote Originally Posted by Stuff
    A group of Wellington Property Investors is taking the initiative and proposing an alternative rental WoF system. Wellington Property Investors Association president Richard Bacon said members were starting an accreditation scheme. Although it lacked the compulsory element of a rental WOF, Bacon said few landlords wanted the stigma of having a really low-grade property.

"When you're marketing your property and you say it's a one-star property, you don't get decent tenants. How many one-star hotels do you check into? The impetus is to become three-star and above. "It'll take us a year to get it going. "Quite a lot of properties are older, and they'll never meet current building standards or additional standards. If you take those properties out of the market completely then we have even more problems with housing supply."
    How many W'gton PIs do we have on the PT Forums?
    Want a great looking concrete swimming pool in Hawke's Bay? Designer Pools will do the job for you!

Me. First I've heard of it.

Me too, and nobody has asked me.

This is local NZPIF group reacting to the dismal failure of the WCC effort.

But is the proposal not just a de facto buy in to the present anti-LL sentiments?

I.e. It's still the same iced dream, but vanilla rather than strawberry flavoured?

I live in Central Maine and have seen that the majority of apartments are run down, "you're seriously going to rent that with a straight face" type of units ... but I too question the need for more bureucracy. We have a "landlord registry" tyring to form here whereby we pay $50-$100 per unit (a month's earnings for the typical single family rental home) to pay for more inspectors. We already have inspectors, section 8 inspectors, and the fire department. Simply "upping the bar" a little (i.e. you have to take $100 off the rent if you use off white paint and blue commercial carpet, haha!)

Quote Originally Posted by Keys View Post
    Tenants will be the losers. All around.
    Yes, unfortunately, it doesn’t look rosy for renters in term of costs imposed by upcoming changes, availability of rentals and a tougher screening process.

Quote Originally Posted by Perry View Post
    A while ago, I recall a proposal for CRAs to be able to report on timeliness of bill payments, rather than just on defaults. Anyone else remember that? If so, did it happen?

CRA = credit reporting agency
    this has just been implemented in Australia - they've packaged it up as positive credit reporting. Suggesting that applying for credit is a negative event and reporting on time payments as a positive for the individual who has the credit. They don't seem to mention the negative impact of reporting late payment of bills.

Thread Information