• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

I would call that cyber bullying!

This posting online feedback on someone or a company backfires when the competition post bad reviews themselves.

You can't get rid of it and even it's a fabrication it will remain there for people to read forever and ever.

If the PM has a boss approach them and let them deal with it.

I do agree that there should be some sort of qualification or training for Property Management as there is in Australia and you shouldn't be able to work in the industry until you are qualified and licensed.

PMs are often terribly bad and it's LLs who should accept a lot of the blame for this.
    LLs are not demanding high enough standards from their PMs.
    Complain. Shame. Fire them and support the great PMs.
    But no - it's baa baa passive little sheep off to the slaughter.

The laws are skewed in favour of tenants, plus a slow kangaroo court makes property management difficult
    Perhaps if PMs were paid a lot more things would improve?
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Quote Originally Posted by Cassandra View Post
    I have just had a look at that site and the qualifications.
    It is good to see they have now got the qualifications back up. The courses fell into a dark hole for a few years.
    I wonder if it is possible to find out how many people have sat and passed the papers.

Good call!

Over in Australia you have to get a licence to be a property manager which is good. I will be hopefully moveing back to nz and starting my own property managment company up. But am not to sure people still use Property managers or manage themselfs?

Yes you are right in Australia you have to have a license. Actually it is amazing how many different things over there require a license.
    The problem is what does having a "license" do for the owners and the tenants. How hard is it to get a license and what is the requirement for ongoing training.
    I get sick and tired of people who use that term to print their own money by preventing or restricting competition.
    You are probably better to get a license to be a pre school teacher. Now that is a decent qualification. The authorities check all sorts of things like your education and qualities.
    No way do they let the wrong people into that important industry.

One further thing I need to comment on. Our company has now received the updated training modules for property management.
    Goodness they are comprehensive. Two of our staff had completed the previous training for property management. The Qualifications Authority still has those records on their system and the points that were awarded for them. We are just considering the best way forward now. Nothing has changed in New Zealand re the use and application of the qualifications. Clearly at the moment there is and never has been a requirement for anyone working in the industry to be qualified. I always found it strange how the industry leaders always bad mouthed any competition that was not part of their little group but never actually mentioned their own lack of qualifications to make those nasty comments.
    The other strange thing was as problems came to light in the community at no stage did anyone ever draw any co relation between incompetence and training or lack of it.

Hi,

My PM is not answering call since Wednesday and the rent has been late , he said tenant promised to pay the rent on Thursday, so I asked him to send out a 14 days notice, and let me know whether the rent was paid Thursday.

But no news from him, i have texted, emailed, called him. I live overseas so it'd be good if he can tell me what's going on with the rent.

Is it common what he does? Am i the one being too pushy and demanding?

I think with this kind of service i can manage it myself when i get back to New Zealand. Saves me time calling and texting

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by NomoneyNotalk View Post
    Hi,

My PM is not answering call since Wednesday and the rent has been late , he said tenant promised to pay the rent on Thursday, so I asked him to send out a 14 days notice, and let me know whether the rent was paid Thursday.

But no news from him, i have texted, emailed, called him. I live overseas so it'd be good if he can tell me what's going on with the rent.

Is it common what he does? Am i the one being too pushy and demanding?

I think with this kind of service i can manage it myself when i get back to New Zealand. Saves me time calling and texting

thanks
    Regardless of the way your PM is acting or if they are incompetant or not may I assure you that tenants will act as they choose regardless of who is managing them.
    Obviously the difference between the good bad and ugly is how the manager performs when the bad egg stinks. Speed and action is the big issue.
    However regardless of how fast the draw is we all have to suffer the agonising wait via the courts.
    This week I had one case that took 6 weeks to get to court and evict the tenant and the other one which was not urgent has taken three.
    In both cases I acted as fast as the processes would let me.
    In many cases managers (including me) hope for the best outcome. Often a missed week's rent is just that. One week out of good track record before and after is just another problem to solve by nudging the tenant to pay. No need to escalate the problem. Our problem is sometimes the track record is all good then silence. The rent stops like a stone.
    These sudden out of character stops are the hardest to call.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn View Post
    These sudden out of character stops are the hardest to call.
    Agreed. And if it is a hiccup in the tenants life then payment goes on with just a phone call. But, if the brown stuff has hit the spinny thing? Rent has stopped . . . . . .

Thread Information