Property Management incompetence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Meehole View Post
    Through our PM in Whangarei we have someone come out once a year and check the smoke alarms - $100. Writes a report for the file, ticks the boxes.
    Absolute rip off.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

• Well, I Never

In the News again - for all the wrong reasons.

Quinovic investigating claims rave Facebook reviews are fake
      20 Jan 2019
      Originally posted by Stuff
      Property managers Quinovic, who once boasted of their positive reputation amongst landlords, are now facing claims some of their landlord reviews are fake.
      As if Bindi Jaw-Well did not have enough ammo.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
        In the News again - for all the wrong reasons.

Quinovic investigating claims rave Facebook reviews are fake
        They seem a bit rogue that one.
        The rest of the clan must be cringing - giving them all a bad name.

Comment

• Right. And it does not seem to be getting any better.

Quinovic admits Facebook reviews fake after Google reviews from New York pawn shop fans emerge

24 Jan 2019

I also find it odd that the specific branch is not specified in the headline.

Comment

Not quite so good in Wellie.

Tenancy Tribunal criticises Quinovic breaches over bond, smoke alarms, and entry without consent
            16 Jan 2019

This bit seemed odd:

I thought it was now the tenants' responsibility to maintain smoke alarms.
            Yes as said earlier Quinovic are totally inept at PM , absence of smoke alarms in 2 properties which Quinovic knew about FOR MANY YEARS but failed to do anything about .Wrong bond information provided along with well below median rents being charged amounting to $180pw loss of potential income. Hopeless and arrogant .Have nothing to do with them!!

Comment

• But is that fair - across NZ? Or just a W'gton problem?

Comment

But is that fair - across NZ? Or just a W'gton problem?
                My run in with Quinovic was in Auckland . What riled me the most was the sheer arrogance of the chap who was running the branch. I never received an apology from him regarding his staff members incompetence and he himself went onto make several other major mistakes regarding how much the actual bond lodged was .
                Now if you want to make a complaint to the CEO of Quinovic regarding a branch its virtually impossible to get hold of them .

There are no direct options available if you look at the Quinovic website for head office contact and this is a major failing as the end option lies entirely with the branch so the CEO never gets to hear a whisper.
                Last edited by mrsaneperson; 25-01-2019, 07:58 PM.

Comment

• Property Management incompetence

Are you wondering whether property managers have the right to report like real estate agents? A per my knowledge they don’t as it appears that every individual can initiate it. So, what do you think that their incompetence could cost you in not paying rent and harm which is improbable to be retrieved?

Comment

• There is no governing authority for PMs in NZ. People incorrectly assume that by using a real estate-licenced PM company they are offered some 'protection'. The trick is for consumers to choose a PM carefully with solid due diligence. IPMA (Independent Property Managers Assn) members adhere to a voluntary code of ethics & practice & have a complaints process in the case of any issues. Certainly using an IPMA members would give you more avenue for action in the event of any issue. The hope is that consumers become more aware of non-affiliated operators & stick to those bound to a proper framework - similar to those proposing regulation are after. I hope this helps you/others

Comment

Working...
                    X