X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Introductory notice to Tenants - from Essence

Welcome to the House!!!

A couple of points for you to consider –

• I have insurance that covers the building and some fittings (carpet, oven and Hot Water Cylinder) only. I strongly recommend that you have your own personal contents insurance. State Insurance, IAG, Tower, AMI, Vero are just some of the companies who can arrange insurance quickly over the phone. Just have a look in the Yellow Pages.

• Please report any maintenance issues; we will try to get this sorted as soon as possible. If you consider it is an emergency CALL ME IMMEDIATELY. Especially plumbing problems as these can cause major damage. Do NOT call tradesmen yourself to perform work that I have not authorised. If you do this, you will have to pay for the work. We have plumbers, electricians, builders etc that we use and are happy with their service. Do NOT attempt to do maintenance issues yourself. The tenant shall pay any callout fee or repair costs, where the fault has been caused by the tenant, or the tradesperson who attends the callout finds no fault.

• Anybody causing unnecessary and/or repeated disturbance will be warned. Repeated offending will mean you will be given notice to vacate the property.

• Anybody causing damage to the property will be given notice to vacate.

• Please, no hooks, nails, sellotape or drawing pins on walls (use 3M Command hooks or Blu-Tak only).

• Ventilate the house properly. This reduces mildew and condensation, which are the leading cause of asthma attacks and breathing problems. It is especially important to do this during the winter months

• You are on a Periodic Tenancy. Under the Residential Tenancies Act (1986), you are required to give 3 weeks (21 days) written and dated notice if you wish to end the tenancy. If you are sending your Termination Notice by mail, please allow 3-4 workings days for mail delivery.

• All vehicles on the property must be registered and warranted. No vehicles, parts, tyres etc are to be kept on the property.

• No rubbish to be stored longer than one week. Rubbish collection is on Tuesday.

• Enjoy the unit, any questions/issues, please don’t hesitate to call me on xx landline or xxx mobile number.

Get tenant to sign and date it at beginning of tenancy.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Thought I'd share:

Smoke alarms, where fitted, are required to be in a working condition. Should the battery go flat then you are required to notify us immediately as we are responsible to replace them. Batteries last over one year so multiple replacements of batteries are at the tenants’ expense.

The Government deems smoke alarms to be the most important safety device in residential tenancies and have therefore made the interference with them, by tenants, the subject of exemplary damages not exceeding $3000 per item. Each and every occasion where we find batteries removed will result in an application to the Tenancy Tribunal for exemplary damages of $3000 as we feel your safety is imperative.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Feel free to add it onto this document. I will be.

Thanks Keys, any hints/help always appreciated.
      Patience is a virtue.

Comment

Working...
      X