Companies Office Filing Fees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Companies Office Filing Fees

NZ$45 ANNUAL RETURN FILING FEE HAS BEEN REINTRODUCED: Fee changes came into effect on 1 August 2012 including a fee of NZ$45 payable when you file your company annual return.

So from $0 to $45 in one foul swoop.
    Not a bad little earner for yet more bureaucratic paper shuffling B.S.

Is it just me or has this year been a total "taxed to death" disaster for others as well?
    The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Currently wishing my filing month was July!

An especially good earner given that all the work is automated & done online in about 2 minutes

Comment

And the real kicker is - you pay this tax & levies - then they add GST on top of those taxes!
      If I have no choice - then it isn't a service @**!hole!
      The three most harmful addictions are heroin, carbohydrates and a monthly salary - Fred Wilson.

Comment

It's is, I suspect, part of a drive to get rid of thousands of useless companies cluttering up the landscape. At the moment there is no cost to maintain them in being, so people don't wind them up when inactive. As well as being a blatant $40M revenue grab.

Very annoying.

Comment

You pay for your online device
          You pay for Internet access and traffic
          You spend your time doing the registration work online
          You pay tax on it
          But
          What do you get in return?

Don't try telling me you can't make money online!

Comment

Fee used to be about $45 or so many years ago when was all paper based. Then revolutionised with DIY automated internet service and fee became zero.
            Is indeed revenue gathering!
            I recently had to setup new company and noticed automated process has changed. Consents used to be automatic upload, done and dusted. Now someone reviews and checks them. So I guess we're paying for someones rubber stamp! wonder if ever rejected any?

Comment

Working...
            X