Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

flat for now, with an outlook of flat...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• flat for now, with an outlook of flat...

Published 15 July 2012
    Industry analyst & economic forecaster BIS Shrapnelsaid last week Australian retail turnover wouldn’t grow this decade to the level it reached during “the golden age” that ran from the mid-1990s until the global financial crisis began 5 years ago.

“That halcyon era was the result of a debt-fuelled spending surge by consumers, but today’s market faces significantly lower rates of turnover growth,” senior project manager Maria Lee said in the report on the Australian retail property sector, Retail property market forecasts & strategies 2012-22.

“Faced with the threat of online retailing and the dilutionary effect of additional retail floorspace, shopping centres will see markedly lower rates of turnover growth.”

http://www.propbd.co.nz/afa.asp?idWebPage=8338&idBobDeyProperty_Articles=1 7987&SID=225566893
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

i think it is fair to say that retail properties will do poorly in the long term as online retail becomes increasingly prominent in Australia

Comment

yes i agree with mattinvestor I have also seen that online real estate promotion is increases in Australia.

Comment

Originally posted by mattinvestor View Post
        i think it is fair to say that retail properties will do poorly in the long term as online retail becomes increasingly prominent in Australia
        I agree that retail is generally struggling - many retail businesses are having to establish an online component for their business to remain competitive within the marketplace.

This of course reduces the demand for retail property - of course this varies based on locations. For eg, high profile retail locations will always have a high level of demand.

Comment

Working...
        X