Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opinions please: 2 ring v 4 Ring hob in 1bd unit

Hi

For a one bed unit (41sqm) do you think a 2 ring hob would be sufficient ?

Or a 4 ring

It would be for a rental . . I'm thinking 2 ring . . .

Thanks

i always prefer a 3 or 4

but in reality

for a 1bed

2 should be fine

but if a 3 or 4 was only a little bit more...
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

I lived in a tiny under house conversion for a few months and it only had two hobs it was frustrating but do able, but not something I could put up with for too long, (I prefer to cook not takeout) it also only had a toaster oven, luckily my microwave was also a grill and convention oven.

Would most people in these tend to do takeaways?

Comment

4. Two of us lived in a small 1-bed apartment a few years back and it had a 2-ring cooker. Total rubbish.

Comment

yep agree, 2 is ridiculous.

Comment

I have a 1 brm with 2 burner hob and microwave also supplied. Tenants seem fine with it. I've noticed they often have plug in cooking appliances as well (electric frypan or wok etc).

Comment

I have a 45 square meter flat with a two ring, and the tenants get by, however if there is room for a four ring, why not put one in? Four has to be better than two, I just didn't have room as the bench was only 500 deep.

Comment

I have a place with a 2 ring. I think it is a little more expensive to service (although as it has a glass top I claimed the glass no excess insurance last time), and definately more epensive to replace due to matching the size.

Comment

I lived in a one room apartment in Japan for 5 years which had a 1-ring cooker. I love cooking, almost never buy takeaways, and it was fine ... you just cook the rice in the rice cooker + cook up some veges or whatever in a pot / frying pan. Having more than 1 is really quite awesome though. Four is occasionally handy, I guess, but mostly unnecessary imo.

Comment

we have a 4 ring gas cooktop and never use one of them, but if i were you i would put a 4 in

Comment

Personally, I have a 4 ring, but only use 2 - very rarely I will use 3.

Some good opinions here, but I think for a rental, I'd stick with 4, given the only real benefit is a small gain in bench space.

Cheers!

Comment

Originally posted by davtam View Post
                        I think for a rental, I'd stick with 4, given the only real benefit is a small gain in bench space.
                        And not even that necessarily depending on the type. A 4 ring glass top only takes up the space of the elements in use.

Comment

Working...
                        X