Buy the Metal not the Paper – Gold Bullion trader was Coke Addict

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy the Metal not the Paper – Gold Bullion trader was Coke Addict

Someone smart told me always buy the metal not the paper when it comes to precious metals.

And when you think about it that makes a heap of sense.

The risk seems huge when you give a business your money and in return you get a piece of paper stating that you have part ownership in a chunk of metal.

So I buy some ‘shares’ in a chunk of gold.

Well – where is the gold? Can I visit it? What happens to the gold when your business collapses? How do I know you are not selling the chunk of gold I own to someone else? Do you actually own the gold?

Silly questions? Hmm.. not really as every question is actually based on published events where the answer was not good for the investor.

Suff.co.nz provides a fantastic story of why I would never-ever get into precious metal trading => Bullion trader was coke addict

This is also why I like buying property (full ownership of course). You can see what you have brought.

Source-> http://www.marksinvestingblog.com/20...s-coke-addict/

Cheers

Marc
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Kiwisaver in real gold?

Originally posted by Marc View Post
    Someone smart told me always buy the metal not the paper when it comes to precious metals.

And when you think about it that makes a heap of sense.

Cheers

Marc
    Hi Marc, has been good reading some of your posts on other threads.

Have you come across any kiwisaver funds that invest in physical gold, rather than paper gold (future, ETFs and other "fractional reserve" exchanges like COMEX) that is so pervasive out there?

Comment

Marc, I am totally with you on this one.When i think of it this is how money came into existence-being given a piece of paper and you are told it is equivalent to some gold somewhere that you have never seen.
      Homes For Sale in USA I | Home Loans I | Home Renovation Tips

Comment

Working...
      X