Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should TA fixed term to middle of Jan or just one year to May next year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should TA fixed term to middle of Jan or just one year to May next year?

My tenant is gonna leave although the TA was signed in fixed term to middle Jan next year. I guess there is not much I can do if they wanna leave. I always do fixed term TA. I'm in chch. In my mind Jan, Feb is the best month to get new tenants. So I'm thinking of just do a fixed term to middle of Jan next year rather then an one year term this time for the next tenant.

Is this a good idea. Thanks

If you sign fixed term TA's, but don't enforce them, what is the advantage over a Periodic Tenancy? I don't see much point myself.
    Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

You can hold them to it but offer them the chance to find a new tenant for you. That's what I do.
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Has anyone had success at enforcing the fixed term tenancys when tenant decides to call it a day for financial reasons? I had a tenant sign up for 6 months , after 5 weeks he told me he couldn't afford the rent , reckoned he'd lost his job & gave me 3 weeks notice. Smelt a bit fishy !

Comment

Well it's not hard to re-rent a place in Christchurch at the moment. Unlikely to lose any rent if you can show prospective tenants through.

Comment

Right, in my case, they have prepared to leave without 3 wks bond back. So I need looking for new tenants. just dont know the new TA if i should fix it to Jan or just another one year fix.

Comment

I think you pick your battles. If someone has genuinely lost their job, then you can't get blood out of a stone. However, if someone takes off just because it's inconvenient for them, you can definitely get your money. I got over $1700 in rent payments from a tenant who left in the middle of winter in Paihia = almost impossible to get new tenants. That equates to about 2 months rent after she left for this place. I'm currently dealing with a tenant who's had a messy relationship break up. I'm letting him terminate his tenancy as soon as a new tenant is signed. He's going to owe me over $3k.

Comment

But will you get it? ($5 a week for how many years?)

Comment

Originally posted by flyernzl View Post
                  But will you get it? ($5 a week for how many years?)
                  I always get it. I've just started collecting $20/wk from a 5yr old debt. Had to wait for her to return from France!

Comment

Working...
                  X