Cost of property management in NZ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cost of property management in NZ?

I'm just curious --- what's the average cost of residental property management fees per month in differnet parts of NZ?

How much are you paying?

8.5%, 8%. 7%

all in auckland central
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

6%-6.5% in Akl in general (it help if you have 3 or more properties).

Christchurch + Dunedin 7%-8.5%

Queenstown and Wanaka and some small towns 9%-10% of annual rent.

overall if you have more properties then you have more negotiation power.

re commercial property in AKL i know some pay between 2.5%-5% as it is less involved then residential..
      New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
      FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
      CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Hi there,

At Guardian property management it's 8% but is a full service including chattle inventory/condition report with each tenancy (including over 300 photos), no advertising costs, free representation if tenancy tribunal were necessary etc. Multiple properties attract rates of 6-6.5%. Generally we'll look at the overall picture with each investor and tailor a solution to suit.

A good example of the flexibility/tailoring required is we also have a number of investors who have large portfolios of property (10-50 properties) and have had the management of their properties 'sold' when smaller PM providers sell their rental rolls (sometimes on more than one occasion). There are absolutely no plans to sell our rolls in Auckland and Whangarei so for extra comfort we offer a % of any profit on their portion of the portfolio should it ever occur.

Regards.

Comment

Dunedin 7.5-8%? Is that REINZ? Most non REINZ I have looked at are around 10%

Comment

Re Dunedin- again it depends on who many rentals incomes you have and if it is family homes or students etc.

send me a PM and I will refer you to someone who can help.
            New Zealand's #1 Marketplace for Property Investors & Sellers!
            FREE Access to HOT Property Deals
            CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO.

Comment

Originally posted by mattinvestor View Post
              I'm just curious --- what's the average cost of residental property management fees per month in differnet parts of NZ?

How much are you paying?
              There's an outfit in Wanganui who only charge 4%. But they charge $40 per hour plus GST for any work they have to do. And apparently it takes them 1hr 20 minutes to make one phonecall and fill out a change of landlord form.

Comment

Working...
              X