• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 11 to 15 of 15
  1. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    2,801

    Default

    ^ and if after 3 years the property is worth maybe $350k?????

    Sure it can be done.....but like I said earlier risk is too high for my liking....It'd have to be a stellar deal for me to entertain it.

    Cheers
    Spaceman

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Wellington
    Posts
    385

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattinvestor View Post
    Niall - interesting.
    Well I was wondering if you could have the seller financing for at least 15-20 years. I read this as a strategy from one investor.

    But i have read of your strategy, where the seller financing only occurs for 2-3 years and then switch to conventional bank financing. Why would you go with your method? What are the benefits of only haveing vendor financing for 2-3 years and then switching?
    Purchaser unable to finance the purchase now but will be eligible for mortgage in about a year. Ended up agreeing a 25 month vendor finance as a buffer.

    All the best,

    Niall

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    what generally would be the reason that someone would be able to finance later?

    is it that the person expects that they will have increase in salary? or they would have saved more over that period of time?

  4. #14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mattinvestor View Post
    what generally would be the reason that someone would be able to finance later?

    is it that the person expects that they will have increase in salary? or they would have saved more over that period of time?
    There are many reasons - e.g. waiting for an old issue to disappear from a credit record, waiting for residency, etc. Or as mentioned before expecting the house price to raise therefore lowering the LVR to satisfy the bank. Any of these may take months to years.

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    445

    Default

    thanks alot patmat for the info...


 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Making an offer before an open home
    By P.Bateman in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 21-09-2015, 12:20 AM
  2. Making an offer
    By Pim in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 22-03-2014, 09:45 PM
  3. Making an unsolicited conditional offer
    By triplem in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-09-2013, 05:05 PM
  4. Question re making an offer
    By lupin7 in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 29-09-2012, 09:16 PM
  5. Making a silly offer - advice please
    By PerryAF in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25-11-2009, 09:42 PM
  6. Making an offer - confused?
    By nzsq in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 22-11-2009, 07:30 PM
  7. Making an offer online
    By PropertyDeal in forum General (NZ)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 12-10-2008, 12:15 PM
  8. Making an offer online
    By PropertyDeal in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-10-2008, 01:04 PM
  9. Making an offer to buy a house which is not on the market.
    By sinead in forum Property Investment (NZ)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 17-03-2006, 10:27 AM
  10. Dinner with the Girlfriend's Parents
    By Marcus in forum Forum Funnies
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 27-06-2005, 09:49 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •