X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's not a law Flyer, it's a guide. Surely you know the difference

Comment

• As far as I'm concerned a prospective tenant doesn't have to provide any information but the more information they offer up the better their chances of getting accepted.

I'm also happy to not ask for their permission to do credit check where no credit is required. 52 weeks rent paid in advance should remove the need for a credit check.

Comment

• Originally posted by AlFa View Post
        It's not a law Flyer, it's a guide. Surely you know the difference
        Guide or law: it's indicative of a 'mentality.'

Just another example of anti-LL hate speech, really.

Comment

• The private initiative is always better than the alternative which is the government. However, surely there is a middle ground between the ultra capitalistic right National Party and ultra left Labour party. It seems NZ goes from one extreme to the other.
          Escape is easier than change!

Life Insurance | Income Protection

Comment

• Frying Pan or The Fire?

Originally posted by LifeBroker View Post
            The private initiative is always better than the alternative which is the government.
            Why does that have to be so?

I've often wondered about the 'cost of government' involvement.

E.g. for every dollar the gummint spends on welfare or housing supplement or whatever, how much must it collect from hapless taxpayers?

There's a big bureaucracy to be paid, along that taking-then-giving audit trail.

Originally posted by LifeBroker View Post
            However, surely there is a middle ground between the ultra capitalistic right National Party and ultra left Labour party. It seems NZ goes from one extreme to the other.
            That lurch seems endemic in the kiwi psyche.

However, perhaps the question might be: why is there no realistic political alternative on / in the middle ground?

Alternative? What alternative?

Middle ground? What middle ground?

Comment

• From NZ Herald:
              Last July(2017) Auckland Council put the city's homeless number at 23,409 - 3000 more than four years ago.

The number includes those sleeping rough or in cars, in emergency housing, couch surfing or living in garages.

- -

I heard somewhere (no source?) that there are about 30,000 people homeless in NZ. While at the same time, there are more than 33,000 houses empty in Auckland according to stuff article from may 16, 2018. (sorry I don't have the rights to post links)

- -

More than 33,000 houses in Auckland were officially classified as empty in 2016.

- -

Surely this is not alright in a caring modern New Zealand? Is there no middle ground?

Comment

• There are not enough details in what you refer to, to enable the question to be answered.

One must also be careful of stats. Especially from ACC.

E.g. If a person is domiciled in emergency housing, how can they be homeless?

Comment

• what houses are empty? HNZ or private? If former than go ask your Labour MP, if latter - it's none of anyone's business what people do with their property isn't it?

Comment

• All I'm arguing for is there must be a better way to run NZ than the extremes.

Homelessness, poverty and on the other hand ghost homes, which then leads the government to use our tax dollars to pay for emergency housing.

Like an evil spiral, goes round and round.

---
                    I'm not allowed to post links - don't understand why, which is really hard since I cannot show sources.

Comment

• haha... extremes... there's hardly any difference between blue and red.

Comment

• Originally posted by LifeBroker View Post
                        From NZ Herald:
                        Last July(2017) Auckland Council put the city's homeless number at 23,409 - 3000 more than four years ago.
                        they did the big count a year ago?

and came up with <800...

but then they mangled the definition of homelessness so much to fit their "story"

as to make it unworkable for the rest of us

but that's what they do in a post-fact world

their "goal-posts" are forever flexible

to achieve the "marketable" results to pull heart-strings

they've lost me

they've lost a lot of us...they don't care

because truth is always the first casualty in war

https://www.aucklandcouncil.govt.nz/...-auckland.aspx
                        Last edited by eri; 02-06-2019, 08:35 PM.
                        have you defeated them?
                        your demons

Comment

• Eri confirms what I suggested. Flexible figures, dubious accuracy and strained hypotheses.

Flexible = fudged = politically spun = distortions = lies.

Comment

• Originally posted by LifeBroker View Post
                            All I'm arguing for is there must be a better way to run NZ than the extremes.
                            There are no extremes in NZ politics.
                            National and Labour are so similar that some MPs jump between them with ease.
                            If you went overseas and said you saw a family in NZ living in a car, they'd laugh at you.
                            "You mean, they have a car? Our poor people live in cardboard boxes."
                            Life is pretty easy in NZ - compared to most other countries.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                              I'm also happy to not ask for their permission to do credit check where no credit is required. 52 weeks rent paid in advance should remove the need for a credit check.
                              You put them in and then they apply for their money back. What are your chances of keeping it?

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

• Originally posted by Keys View Post
                                You put them in and then they apply for their money back. What are your chances of keeping it?

Apply to whom? I'd offer a refund on the unused portion if they vacate early if they weren't contracted to a fixed term.

Comment

Working...
                                X