This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sleepout Buyers Beware!

These guys took me and my family for $23,500 - steer well clear of Grant King & NZ Sleepouts. Go to www.nzsleepouts.com for the backstory.

Steve Taylor
    Last edited by revdev; 27-12-2011, 08:05 AM. Reason: added name

Moral of the story: never piss off a web designer LOL
    You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

I heard Drelly smells and his mother dresses him funny.......

Cheers
      Spaceman

Comment

Originally posted by spaceman View Post
        I heard Drelly smells and his mother dresses him funny.......
        Ha! I would do the same thing in Steve's situation In fact, I was getting some crank calls on my 0800 number... found the caller was using a mobile phone... it's amazing how many things you can subscribe someone to online with a mobile number.

Comment

Hi Drelly,

Thanks for your feedback. It looks like Grant King has built around 40 sleepouts to date (many it appears in the West Auckland and Rodney areas), all without permits and / or resource consent http://nzsleepouts.com/2011/12/21/au...ets-it-in-one/

What is really quite astonishing is that I have repeatedly informed Trade Me of this action, and they are still continuing to host the ads of NZ Sleepouts http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=430951962 although there have been no attempts to list the sale of Sleepouts by Swale Earthmovers or NZ Sleepouts since the website went live.

Comment

Is he aware of your website?

Comment

Yes, he is, as is Trade Me; The Auckland Council; every building, kitchen, and bathroom supply company in the Helensville area; Swale Earthmovers; and Kiwibank, the bank that Grant King banks at, who have alerted their own fraud investigation team about this issue (which apparently triggers a fraud alert to all banks, accordng to my Business Banking Manager)....oh, and the 241 media contacts I have in my business database that I will shortly be sending a full press release to. I gave Grant King, NZ Sleepouts, and Swale Earthmovers an opportunity to be reasonable, and requested a refund due to the multiple breaches of contract - they refused, and called my bluff. Bluff called then.

Comment

Good on you, Letterman.

If he doesn't already know, make him also aware of this posting and PT in general. A lot of LL's here are sitting-duck targets for his business and lots build sleepouts as a way of adding income to existing property.

I'm in Rodney and have seen their advertisements and was considering something similar. The key word there is "was".

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
                  Ha! I would do the same thing in Steve's situation In fact, I was getting some crank calls on my 0800 number... found the caller was using a mobile phone... it's amazing how many things you can subscribe someone to online with a mobile number.
                  Sweet....well played sir I salute you.

Having people you don't like, contact details (address, email, mob, phone etc etc) is so much fun

Cheers
                  Spaceman

Comment

Good on you – standing up for consumer’s rights
                    Good luck and a successful 2012

Comment

Hi Liberalleft,

Thanks for the tip - Will Do.

Thanks Spaceman & Klauster.

Comment

I'm on holiday so I haven't read through your situation in depth but is this what happened?
                        1. You paid Grant King $23,500
                        2. Grant gave you nothing.
                        Grant seems to be a crook if that is the case.

Comment

I don't think trademe are interested in any fraud. They would prefer to collect listing fees & leave the police to worry about the fraud

Comment

No, trademe do care about fraud. Their entire business model depends on people trusting it's safe to buy through trademe.

Comment

Hi Bob, Yes, that is correct - here is a couple of links that perhaps illustrate your summary well:

Comment

Working...
                              X