Unhappy with Dispute Hearing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unhappy with Dispute Hearing

I have just had a hearing today for tenants that damaged the laundry, causing damage, and have stopped paying their rent, left rubbish on property, didn't return keys, and have cost us alot of money. At the hearing today the tenant shows up with her small children and played the woman at the hearing like a song, and I produced evidience to show rent not paid, photos to show rubbhish for receipts and was told a decision couldn't be made today, and I'd have to wait until Mid Jan, I'm really unhappy with how the hearing was heard and after producing hard facts to support claim, been told sorry I can't decide today. Can you ask for a new hearing, and person to hear your claim.

Of course.

Will you get heard when the decision is still pending?

No.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Don't be too disheartened. It could actually be to help you. In my experience, if the tenant is making a big song and dance and is likely to throw all their toys out of the cot if a decision doesn't go their way, the adjudicator will not make a ruling and will instead send it out by mail. This avoids a long, drawn-out argument in court that is just a waste of time. However, normally you'd get a decision within a couple of weeks. Why do you have to wait until mid Jan?
      You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Originally posted by drelly View Post
        Don't be too disheartened. It could actually be to help you. In my experience, if the tenant is making a big song and dance and is likely to throw all their toys out of the cot if a decision doesn't go their way, the adjudicator will not make a ruling and will instead send it out by mail. This avoids a long, drawn-out argument in court that is just a waste of time. However, normally you'd get a decision within a couple of weeks. Why do you have to wait until mid Jan?
        Drelly is right. Many adjuidicators seem to take this stance and the decision is sent by post with 2 weeks, but mid - Jan seems a protracted delay? There wasn't an adjournment for a re-hearing was there?

Comment

Why do you have to wait until mid Jan?
          Public Service holiday time of course.

Eight weeks plus statutories, while the world sits and waits.

Comment

Mid Jan seems a long wait, however in saying that I'm still waiting for a decision for a hearing held on 11 Oct 11. Worse still at the hearing the tenant not only used every excuse under the sun for why the house was left like a pig sty he also proudly told the tribunal that he had got the bond back. What?????? I had even provided proof that the release of the bond had been disputed. I contacted Bond Centre sure enough the bond has been release and the reason for this ....... Oh dear me we have made a mistake, you have disputed its release.

Will I have my TT order by Christmas....... who knows it could be delivered by the chubby guy who comes down the chimney and leaves it in my big red stocking.

Olive500 don't get up tight about it, look at it another way you might get the order in you favour received the bond no further payments from the tenant beyond the bond. I hope you had 4 weeks bond. The fun really starts with collecting the debt and using the District Court process.

Your just have to love this business ---- every day is different.
            Property Management Solutions

Comment

Olive... I have just updated the court collections unit with an address for a tenant who I got a tribunal order against 5 years ago! She has finally returned from overseas and inside the 6 year deadline!
              You can find me at: Energise Web Design

Comment

Good on you Drelly! I bet she will get a heck of surprise when the bailiff's serve her!

Comment

Olive... I have just updated the court collections unit with an address for a tenant who I got a tribunal order against 5 years ago! She has finally returned from overseas and inside the 6 year deadline!
                  If you get her to court and she cries poverty. Ask for one dollar (yes, just one dollar). Have the court register the payment and guess what? The 6 years start again. (I have the relevant link on my laptop but it's there in legislation)

www.3888444.co.nz
                  Facebook Page

Comment

Jeeeeeees, you're one shrewdie, Keys.
                    Well done. Experience beats all those
                    fancy qualifications, any day.

Comment

*think I'll cry poverty next week around lunch time*

www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Aha! But some know thee too well.
                        Methinks he doth protest too much.

Comment

Alrighty then. The six years comes from here. The extension to the six years come from here. Both contained in here.

www.3888444.co.nz
                          Facebook Page

Comment

Hell, I wasn't disputing your point. Just agreeing that
                            experience beats youthfulness (and fresh qualifications)
                            most any day of the year. Or week. Or month.

Comment

I know that Perry. It was for reference for others who may read the thread.

www.3888444.co.nz
                              Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
                              X