No announcement yet.

Mitre 10/Bunnings electrical gear

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The problem I've found with the Bunnings/Mitre10 electrical switches (about $6) is that they have small little buttons (about 15mmx15mm) which can be fiddly to turn on/off.
    I prefer PDL switches which are a bit larger (20mmx20mm) but they cost about $30. Does anyone know where I can get them cheaper?

Comment

I'd be happy to know where you can get them for $30 . . .

Comment

Electrical wholesalers, Cory's, JA Russell etc... I just say, "I'm doing a house lot, do you want my business?"

My sparky reckoned I was paying about the same as he was. You don't ask, you don't get

Comment

Used hundreds of the Bunnings & M 10 switches, lamp holders, flush boxes etc over last 6 years. Work fine,think I broke one doing up with the drill in all the time. Nothing wrong with them.
          Plan and invest wisely - You only get one life so make the most of it!

Comment

Originally posted by revdev View Post
            It's possible the cheap Mitre 10/Bunnings power points could only be 10amp, whereas the better quality ones with your sparky will most probably be rated 20amp. Makes a big difference
            Oh no they won't! The circuit maybe 20A with 2.5mm wire but the socket is still 10A. 15A sockets are available (for upto 4kW) but they are physically bigger.

Comment

Mitre10 sell several brands of varying quality. I don't like the Elto brand - the holes to put the wires in are small making it hard to terminate (especially if you have double or triple wires). If you buy brand x will the electrician terminate them for you?

The HPM from Mitre10 are the same as the HPM from Cory's etc - there are 2 versions at Mitre10 also.

I recently redid a house, power points and lights, with Mitre10 HPM and they were nice to use.

Comment

Originally posted by davtam View Post
                I'd be happy to know where you can get them for $30 . . .
                try this
                http://www.kiwisparks.co.nz/
                note that FAQ says prices are GST exclusive

Comment

[QUOTE=patmat-co-nz;261860 A standard 2.5mm cable that's for some $3.50+ in M10 he gets for $1.00 (and sells to his customers for $3.50 of course).[/QUOTE]

You buy by the lm and you pay more! Mitre10 also sell by the roll and it isn't 100m at the per m rate.

Comment

Might be a bit late for this post but my experience is the prices end users pay for electrical components is astronomical. Sparky's AND the big chains like Mitre10 and Bunnings are a straight out rip off (and don't get me started on plumbing). I now buy quality PDL equipment through 2 websites (one has been mentioned on here already) and find a sparky to fit them at a labour only rate. $58 for a double power point is daylight robbery in the extreme. The below 2 websites have quality PDL double power points for about $18-$19 including GST. That obviously includes their margin so you can get a feel for how much joe blogs is being ripped off by sparkys and retailers.

I second the "BS" call by Maccachic about JimO's "you get what you pay for" comment. Holds no weight when I can get quality PDL product for a 1/3rd of the price some are charging.

kiwisparks.co.nz
                    electricaldirectltd.co.nz

Comment

Working...
                    X