X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 hot tips from Keys

Hot tips from Keys.
    Too good to loose in the Forum.
    So, this now appears in all of my TA's and as part of my signature on emails:

The Electronic Transactions Act 2002 allows: "consent may be inferred from
    a person's conduct" for receipt of correspondence electronically. We hereby
    deny any consent to accepting any correspondence which the Residential
    Tenancies Act 1986 requires to be sent via writing if that correspondence is
    sent electronically. We hereby instruct the initiator of any such correspondence
    to put it in writing, sign it and post it, drop it off in the letterbox or hand deliver
    it to our address for service as is written on the initiators Tenancy Agreement.
    One of my application forms questions is:

Phone number: 02X XXX XXXX

How long have you had this number (in months)? 1 3 6 12 More

Please circle appropriate.

Reason: Those who are evading creditors switch phones often. Those who have short term ownership of numbers have further questions asked of them.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Another goody from Keys
    A word of caution. Have some yes/no questions on your TA form which must be filled out. Pets is one of them. In your TA have the words:

The application form which the tenant filled out forms part of this tenancy agreement. All addresses given by the tenant on the application form may be used as addresses for service.

Then, apply for termination immediately under Section 78 (1g) as well as issuing a 90 day notice for termination (periodic). If your dates and TA permit, issue a rent increase.
    Last edited by muppet; 25-10-2011, 09:07 AM.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

Comment

Hmm thanks for sharing this wonderful post, I really like to your thread.It is quite helpful discussion according to me, thank you so much for the impressive post......

Comment

yeah these are good tips especially for the application forms

Comment

Working...
        X