• Login:
Welcome, Register Here
follow PropertyTalk on facebook follow PropertyTalk on twitter Newsletter follow PropertyTalk on LinkedIn follow PropertyTalk on facebook
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Viking,

Make sure you take photos of everything!! That way you've got proof up the yin-yang when it goes to Tribunal.

Better to have too much evidence than not enough.

Keys, what's the point of claiming $1K for exemplary damages when a) tenant has done a runner b) you've got to find tenant (months/years of searching?) c) you've then got to serve an OE on them d) they've probably got no money??

I understand that's what one CAN claim for, but isn't it a exercise in futility??? We all know how hard it is to get money out of recalcitrant ex-tenants.
    Patience is a virtue.

Default Meeting with Dept Building and Housing

Hi everyone

DBH are refuting my claim that it is taking longer to get a Tribunal hearing. They say 28 days on the North Shore is the worst in NZ. In my own case I made an application on July 13 and had a hearing set down for Aug 24. That's six weeks.

It would be extremely useful to hear others experiences before next weeks meeting.

Andrew
    Andrew King,
    Too many tenants in your property? Hire a sleepout and increase the rent
    Andrew King Property Management Services - NZ Property Investors' Federation

Hi Andrew,
    Just had a conversation with a very helpful and a knowledgeable person at tenancy call centre.
    Gave what I considered good advice. Been a long while since I needed to use tenancy so needed just to clarify points.
    Said that they would expect to schedule a hearing within 10 days but of course the actual date might be something else depending on court pressures. Why they need a full blown court room only they and the Lord know, probably something to do with equipment for recording the lies etc.
    Watch here and I will post when something comes to fruition.
    Cheers.

Esscense. Go for as much as you can. The system is getting tougher and more water tight. Once you have an order then they get nabbed at the border. (oh that rhymes.)

Plenty of pictures for sure but in this case no contact but does require a benefit so will get that tagged.
    Had one lady a few years back that paid $20 per week for 4.5 years. What's wrong with doing that?

As you saY: Patience is a virtue.

Quote Originally Posted by essence View Post
    Better to have too much evidence than not enough.............
    True true.
    Quote Originally Posted by essence View Post
    Keys, what's the point of claiming $1K for exemplary damages
    Well, what's the point in having too much evidence?

But seriously, those who have awards against them at the TT may shrug it off. Others may not. It may make them think a second time about breaking the law. And, what effort does it take you to claim? What effort to prove? If you get awarded the money. You choose to chase it.

If you don't claim. I can assure you that you won't even be offered any money and therefore you won't have the choice.

Your successful claim could be the straw which broke the bankruptcy bank.

Then.........................

Ok so lodged the claim on 9/9/2011
    Notification of the claim acceptance 13/9/2011

Well so far so good.

11/1457/TG 10 Somerset Grove, Parkvale, Tauranga District 04/10/11 12:00pm Ground Floor, McLean House, McLean Street, TAURANGA,

Now this is a hearing for possession of the house, so kinda urgent one would think.
    Delay for hearing is 18 days and then we will have to go for the rest at another hearing.

15 years with rental houses and this would be the worst service I have ever had.

What does one do until then???
    No possession, seemingly unable to do repairs, rent not paid, etc etc.
    What a bloody farce. the new efficiency of the National Govt. and the Justice and Mediation system

Tenancy Services have done their bit well.
    Obviously the problem lies with the Justice system which administers the system.

Tenancy would be better with their own system of appointed mediators.
    Why could they not do that?
    Why should an application fee by $22.00 when it was $20 15 years ago.
    $100 fee would get rid of spurious applications and allow proper funding of mediators.

Ok so lodged the claim on 9/9/2011<br>Notification of the claim acceptance 13/9/2011<br><br>Well so far so good.<br><br><table class="threedtable" width=""><tbody><tr><th>Application Number</th><th>Tenancy Address</th><th>Date &amp; Time</th><th>Location</th></tr><tr><td>11/1457/TG</td><td>10 Somerset Grove, Parkvale, Tauranga District</td><td>04/10/11 12:00pm</td><td>Ground Floor, McLean House, McLean Street, TAURANGA,</td></tr></tbody></table><br>Now this is a hearing for possession of the house, so kinda urgent one would think.<br>Delay for hearing is 18 days and then we will have to go for the rest at another hearing.<br><br>15 years with rental houses and this would be the worst service I have ever had.<br><br>What does one do until then???<br>No possession, seemingly unable to do repairs, rent not paid, etc etc. <br>What a bloody farce. the new efficiency of the National Govt. and the Justice and Mediation system<br><br>Tenancy Services have done their bit well.<br>Obviously the problem lies with the Justice system which administers the system.<br><br>Tenancy would be better with their own system of appointed mediators. <br>Why could they not do that?<br>Why should an application fee by $22.00 when it was $20 15 years ago. <br>$100 fee would get rid of spurious applications and allow proper funding of mediators.

Thread Information