No announcement yet.

Expectations from a Property Manager

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like to think of WINZ redirection as getting some of my tax back.

Not that I actively encourage my tenants to spit out dozens of children and pretend they dont have a partner.

But it just makes me feel better, when I pay my tax and then see my rent coming in, and that there is some karma in the world.

Comment

I've not had any problems here in Auckland getting WINZ to pay the rent directly to me. Last one was about six weeks ago, went through smoothly.

I have three of those running right now.

Comment

Yep I have 2 tax rebates myself.
        Last edited by Perry; 01-11-2011, 09:54 PM.

Comment

I went in to WINZ Coastlands (Kapiti) the other day.

I got talking to the WINZ Client Manager and he advised me that when he worked in the Naenae office, the branch policy was that they DID NOT authorised Re-Direction Orders. Nope, nada, no way Jose.

He's come out to the Kapiti Office and they are more amenable to implementing them....... however, the tenant has got to rigorously prove that they want the Re-Direction Order to start.

What this means is that the LL MUST have issued 14 day Notices (all good), possibly been to Mediation (still good) and if the tenant is still behind, issue the tenant a FINAL NOTICE (huh? thought we weren't allowed to do that!!) saying that they were kicking the tenant out within two days, that WINZ would initiate the RO.

So...... WINZ is asking the tenant to ask the LL to write an illegal document, so that WINZ can initiate a deduction that the tenant wanted - weeks ago!!

Madness!!

Honest to goodness, this guy sat there was no personality and a straight face, telling me this. I was truly gob-smacked.

Yes, I could go through the process of just kicking the tenant out, but that isn't always the best solution for either the tenant or myself.
          Patience is a virtue.

Comment

I make it a precondition of the tenancy at the time of the application.
            If the prospective tenant is on WINZ, no redirection order no accommodation.

Is that rigorous enough?

Comment

Done that as well FlyerNZ, but have STILL had WINZ refuse to do it.
              Patience is a virtue.

Comment

And what did you do with the applicant? If you housed them then WINZ will continue their behavior. If you refused to house them, WINZ may change.

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Took the applicant with two weeks rent in advance, four weeks rent as Bond.

Three weeks later, tenant went to WINZ and asked for RO to be implimented. No problems!!!

Just depends on whether the person in WINZ got sex the night before - or not......
                  Patience is a virtue.

Comment

So, WINZ won. You didn't get what you originally asked for and still housed the applicant?

You should have turned them down.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by essence View Post

Three weeks later, tenant went to WINZ and asked for RO to be implimented. No problems!!!

Just depends on whether the person in WINZ got sex the night before - or not......
                      So why did you wait 3 weeks before having sex with the person in WINZ??

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        Without wishing to be mean, I suspect that Glenn could tell the
                        tutors very much more than a thing or two. Something along the
                        lines of the agony of the over-qualified but under-experienced,
                        comes to mind.

Perhaps an appropriate qualification might lead to the requisite
                        experience? If one is lucky and certainly not as a part of a REA!
                        However - I suspect - that such edifying experience would only
                        be likely gained under the tutelage of a veteran, hardened and
                        street-wise PM like Glenn, Keys or Robin.

No - I don't have any commercial affiliation with any of them!
                        LOL - I certainly didn't think Glenn would be needing to do the Certificate. I was answering his earlier post and thought it might be handy if any of his staff wanted to do it. I am waiting with baited breath for Glenns book ;-)

I think the qualification would be good to give Landlords certainty their property manager knew the law and were at least competent.

Keys - I dont have a link sorry - I was at a meeting a couple of months ago and they were talking about it and saying it would be available soon.

Comment

Originally posted by essence View Post

Looks like you have your answer on what to do to solve your problem in future.

Comment

Just wondering: are there any property managers who don't charge their fee whilst the property is vacant inbetween tenants?

Comment

at least some of the big agencies will once the property has been vacant for some time and the PM is worried the owner might be looking to change PM...

probably a "rule" with a little flexibility though
                              have you defeated them?
                              your demons

Comment

they charge a percentage of the rent.... so when no rent is coming in.. ????

Comment

Working...
                                X