Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you got this message from Dean this morning - be careful!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you got this message from Dean this morning - be careful!

Reply-To: Dean Letfus <[email protected]>
    Date: Thu, 4 Aug 2011 20:34:58 +1200 (NZST)
    To: "<undisclosed recipients: ;>"
    Subject: Whit is new today!

Hello,
    How is everything going? I just got my ******* ****** X505-Q880 TruBrite Gaming Laptop on this website:
    bihoir.comThey also can provide you all kinds of digital electronic products. you would enjoy the lowest price and the excellent quality along with the best service.
    Hope you can enjoy your shopping!
    Best regards!
    I suggest you do not click the link - it may be one of those programs that suggests you recommend your friends from your 'address book' and it takes their email addresses and then they are spammed.

This email may not be one of them but it's quite ominous isn't it so I say delete it.....it's spam.

Cheers,

Donna
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

It's probably someone faking Dean's address in the email, rather than sent from his email account. Anyone who posts their address on any public website is prone to that. Annoying, but not Dean's fault. Maybe you and he got your addresses swiped from the same place and ended up in the same spam database.

Comment

It's anyones guess....just best to avoid the URL - the email is not Dean's style.....and he may end up spammed with replies from people he may or may not know.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Certainly not moi Donna. The private email address is a dead give away. I believe they call it spoofing. I have complained to DIA numerous times but they seem powerless. It is an old database, most likely the Mobi Mail one. It may still be accessible to spammers?

Seems to happen about every 3 months or so grrrrrrr.......

Comment

I got the "Help I'm being held over seas please send money" email from a mate this morning....

They are doing the rounds again.....ho hummmm

Comment

I haven't received a message like that Dean for years - hence thinking it was out of character.

I suppose if it can happen to banks, IRD, Trade Me it can happen to anyone.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
            X