video proposed expressway thru Kapiti

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video proposed expressway thru Kapiti

We have 4 properties in Kapiti and thankfully we have not been affected by this proposed road - it's going to be a massive change for the area - cutting it in half.

cheers,

Donna

......the video was sent to me by Paul Scrimshaw of Tommys Kapiti
    Last edited by donna; 05-08-2011, 09:26 AM.
    Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Doing nothing was never a long term option. All other options were going to upset someone.

The local councils had a greenbelt reserved for exactly this sort of road in the 60's, but never managed to get their act to together and actually built it. Instead they started letting developers put in subdivisions that would be affected by it, and so here we are today.

On the plus side this will bring Wellington 20 minutes closer in rush hour, bringing more high earning buying power into the Kapiti market (esp Otaki and further North), so may boost the local market once the dust settles.

Tawa is essentially "cut in two" as well, but bankers still pay$500-$600K for posh 5 bed family houses there, and its a damp valley with no beach access.

Comment

Yep agreed the KCDC have sat on their hands for years and then moaned when the Gov't took 'action'. I witnessed Air NZ coming into land at Kapiti Coast Airport (aka Paraparaumu Airport). We had a focus group up here holding up progress by chucking their toys out at the Air NZ arrival yet the plane was much quieter than the existing Air2There aircraft. I'm not a plane spotter but it was a delight to see the Air NZ planes coming in - it's just another step in ensuring Kapiti Coast remains on the map.

cheers,

Donna
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Working...
      X