No announcement yet.

Property investment coaching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So basically the answer is that some people will use a coach and some won't but both will claim they're doing it the right way.

Comment

Originally posted by eri View Post
      you mean like having a personal trainer at the gym

as opposed to simply working out your own plan and sticking to it

of course the difference is that rich people hire personal trainers as they have lots of money to burn

and poor people hire property gurus because they WANT to have lots of money to burn...
      Ha - I like it!
      Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Hello
        I too am looking for some mentoring. My self and my brother want to retire in the next 10 to 15 years. We are property investment freshie's. Seen Ron and another mentoring group called, 'Property Apprentice'. Not sure whom to deal with.

Is it possible to achieve retirement in 10 years, starting out with limited funds?

Comment

Originally posted by green38 View Post
          Hello
          I too am looking for some mentoring. My self and my brother want to retire in the next 10 to 15 years. We are property investment freshie's. Seen Ron and another mentoring group called, 'Property Apprentice'. Not sure whom to deal with.

Is it possible to achieve retirement in 10 years, starting out with limited funds?
          The first question any real life coach and property guru will ask you, is do you really want to retire, what will you do with your day then ?
          You need to think first very hard about what your goals actually are, what outcomes you really want, as too many people work hard to reach a goal then still arent happyl

Comment

Hello

Short answer is yes.

In the form of property investing, you could buy say 10 properties within 2 - 3 years, then wait for the property cycle to do it's work.

At the end of 10 years, sell 5 properties, use the profit to pay off the loans on the remaining 5 properties, and live off the cashflow (rent).

However, buying that many properties within a short period of time requires skill, knowledge, dedication, energy, and above all, iron will to keep at it.

Having a successful coach really helps (not just a mentor who just takes phone calls).

Comment

^^ Is it possible ....yes.....is it likely.... not so much.

I would say that you would need to look for a mentor that isn't selling mentoring...... find somebody who has actually walked the walk not just talked the talk.

IMHO anybody who is selling mentoring is working at a job, no matter how much they might try to infer that they have retired and are living of their passive income and are only mentoring for a fee to share the love.

@ BK.... do you really want to retire???? and they say there is no such thing as a stupid question.

Cheers
              spaceman
              Last edited by spaceman; 21-11-2011, 01:14 PM.

Comment

Look for a coach, not a mentor.

You want someone who actually comes out to spend time with you to:
                1) look at properties
                2) negotiate along side you with any agent
                3) plan with you how to renovate your property
                4) hints and tips of property management

Mentor's who meet you once a month and 'unlimited' phone support don't cut it.

Comment

Saw one the other day...

We will be in the field with you for 3 full days!!!

Wow "3 Days" where do I sign?

I take it that on day 4 I can resign my job and retire around day 6?

Comment

Originally posted by halfempty View Post
                    Saw one the other day...

We will be in the field with you for 3 full days!!!

Wow "3 Days" where do I sign?

I take it that on day 4 I can resign my job and retire around day 6?

The problem is not the 3 days, it is the price tag that comes with it...

Comment

Highly possible, but lowly probable. You increase your probability if you do it along side someone who has done it before, but it still comes down to you doing all the hard work and making the decisions.

The key is your own determination, discipline, and hard work, followed by the smart work.

Goals are good but backed up with action plans. Aim to do it in 5 years.
                      Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

That wouldn't be a competing site now, would it? Good info though. I hope it stays put for the benefit of all.

Comment

That was a duplicate post so it has been removed from view. Chook please read the forum rules -

thanks

Donna

Comment

Duplicated somewhere else on PT, Donna?

Comment

Yep - in a discussion in the CE forum.

Comment

Working...
                              X