2 toilet vs 1 toilet+1 bath

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2 toilet vs 1 toilet+1 bath

We have a 4 bedroom house with only 1 bathroom (actually it's a shower box + vanity + toilet, no bathtub at all)
    We are thinking to renovate the bathroom, 2 options:
    (1) put in a bathtub
    (2) partition the bathroom to make a separate toilet

Option (1) add a bathtub so the resale value will be increased in the future? But it's not so convenient as we have 5 people in the house

Option (2) we won't have a bath but we will have 2 toilets, will be easier when we need to..., but a house without a bath may not increase value that much?

Do you think having a bath increase the house value more than having 2 separate toilet?

Who is the target market for the house?

Families.... go bath

5+ young professionals sharing? Go 2nd toilet.

Comment

Better solution that gives you two bogs and a bath. Just take a slash in the shower tray if the other dunny is occupied.

Comment

Me, I'd pay more for two loos but not for a bath. But that's just me. In ChCh a second loo seems to raise the rent a bit too, but I don't think a bath does.

How long are you planning on living there? If it's more than a year or two, do whatever suits you best and don't worry about which is better for resale value.

Anyone installing shubs any more? At least you can bath a baby in them. But they're crap for elderly or disabled people to get into.

Comment

Those baths with the little door in the side are cool.

Comment

Originally posted by TheLiberalLeft View Post
            Better solution that gives you two bogs and a bath. Just take a slash in the shower tray if the other dunny is occupied.
            hahah love it

Comment

Originally posted by One View Post

Anyone installing shubs any more? At least you can bath a baby in them. But they're crap for elderly or disabled people to get into.
              A do-up my parents bought had one of those, the elderly couple just cut a great big opening in the side of the bath!

Comment

Working...
              X