Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• High-end homes sold illegally

http://www.afrsmartinvestor.com.au/p...kC63blej1JFQ0O

Key takeaway: Some agents are allegedly helping foreign investors illegally buy Australian property.

Comment

• Housing Minister Nick Smith was shouted down when he claimed at a forum on Auckland's housing crisis that foreign buyers weren't impacting on prices.

Housing Minister Nick Smith was shouted down when he fronted up at an election forum on Auckland's housing crisis last night and claimed that foreign buyers had no significant impact on house prices.

Comment

• We buy a whole bunch of stuff from China and then seem surprised that they have all the money. Some even get more upset when they bring that money back here and spend it on us. Oh no they should keep all that money that we keep sending over there.
        Hamish Patel | ph: 09 625 4693 | mob: 021 625 693
        My Website
        Be informed - register for our free monthly newsletter

Comment

• Originally posted by mortgage broker View Post
          We buy a whole bunch of stuff from China and then seem surprised that they have all the money. Some even get more upset when they bring that money back here and spend it on us. Oh no they should keep all that money that we keep sending over there.
          That's simplistic mate.

What about the scenario where the government lends a whole bunch of money to a Chinese company. They use that money to come over here and buy farms, or start up a production facility. How can NZers compete with that?

Or another scenario: Developers get very rich over a number of years by building apartment buildings on land they get for free via paying the local officials to confiscate it off the local farmers. They borrow the money off the local government to do the developments. Things start to get a bit 'hairy' for them, so they decide to bring large chunks of their money here to secure it.
          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• Sounds like somebody who is making a living from a foreign invasion rather than looking after the national good.
            What a dumb post, really: NZ buys consumable goods so it is ok to sell property to them???? Is that for real?
            All of the posts above are spot on. We'll have to wait a bit longer for it to play out though.

Comment

• Davo36: you are right. Fanatical has self interest and cares nothing about the national interest. Sounds like a real estate person to me. All the traits.

Comment

• all feeling

no facts

and lots of mistakes to boot

pauline hanson supporter?
                have you defeated them?
                your demons

Comment

• A cheap shot. Do gooders are never to be seen or heard from once their policies cause the destruction they always do. This issue has absolutely nothing to do with racism, discrimination or homophobic behaviour of any kind. It has to do with WHAT IS IN THE INTERESTS OF THE NATION. The problems talked about above are real but the dim wits amongst us who talk the gibberish above are the problem.

Comment

• you'd be

well acquainted

with gibberish

what you are proposing

has everything to do

with discrimination and racism

just like the white australia policy of the 1950's

give the aboriginals a treaty

then we can talk about australia's future in the hands of foreigners

Last edited by eri; 05-09-2014, 07:28 PM.
                    have you defeated them?
                    your demons

Comment

• Spoken like a true do gooder. You use the same terminology as all the problematic parts of society in Australia where the words of choice include "racist", "discrimination" amd "homophobic". These flow off the tongues of those seeking to impose themselves on societies so that that they are left alone to do as they like.
                      I imagine you voted for Sarah Hanson Young as well....the lets build a bridge and let them come without end senator.
                      Give us all a break and get back under the rock my friend. It is clear that the bigger picture means nothing as you live your sheltered life of one liners to get your way.
                      FYI - the Chinese are not a benign culture, at least not at a business and political level. The Chinese government is not buying Australian FREEHOLD farmland as an investment. And the land will NEVER again be for sale. Work it out.
                      Last edited by Guest; 05-09-2014, 07:39 PM.

Comment

• you're not seeking to impose your views on society?

Sarah who? this thread is about nz after all

the bigger picture is increased global trade in goods and services

how do you know the chinese are not buying the land as an investment?

how do you know they'll not sell it later on?

was the land they bought off white australians

bought from koori?

have you got anything to back what you say?

do you consider the qataris a benign culture?

or just the white buyers of australian land?

should all countries ban land sales to foreigners

or just australia?

have you even though that far forward?
                        Last edited by eri; 05-09-2014, 07:57 PM.
                        have you defeated them?
                        your demons

Comment

• eri, Hawaii didn't, and the Japanese bought it. Big chunks of it that is.

Now the Hawaiians clean the rooms, carry the bags...

When I was there a couple of years ago, I was walking behind a girl of about 12. She was hauling a home built cart containing aluminium cans she had collected that day. She was hurrying and it tipped over. She was distraught because the place she was taking them to, where they give her cash for them, was about to close for the day.

So I helped her pick them up and she got there on time. I should have given here a bunch of money at the same time, but I didn't think to at the time.

Anyway, my point is selling off the land and businesses of a country does nothing for those at the bottom. All this talk of trickle down and job creation is just total BS IMHO.
                          Last edited by Davo36; 05-09-2014, 09:32 PM.
                          Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• how much?

did you know a lot of japanese were hawaiians

before hawaiians forcibly were made to become american?

Hawaiian King David Kalakaua had travelled to Japan in 1881 to visit the Meiji Emperor

and to invite Japan to send settlers to work on Hawaii's agricultural plantations.

1897 In protest to the annexation of Hawaii to the U.S. a Japanese warship arrives in Pearl Harbor.

The U.S. Congress debates the annexation treaty over the next three years.
                            About 40% of the Hawaiian population was Japanese at this time.
                            Last edited by eri; 05-09-2014, 09:44 PM.
                            have you defeated them?
                            your demons

Comment

• Touche eri, I didn't know all of that.

Still don't agree with our country being sold off though.
                              Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• i don't particularly like it either

but i don't know how it can be controlled

without the side-effects being worse than the disease
                                have you defeated them?
                                your demons

Comment

Working...
                                X