Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beano View Post
    Agreed
    Gas is superior ...but it will not be cheap (but you will not need to boast your power supply)
    We live rural and off the grid. I got a gas parts supply shop to make a custom hose/reg set and I connected that up, being sure to seal the thread with plumbers tape. Then ran a garden hose to the input of the califont (Rinnai VT20) and a shower head and hose set on the output. I use a Rinnai controller to turn it down to 45C.

I use an 18kg cylinder which I fill at the local Caltex.

It's our hillbilly outside shower.

Total cost was a few hundred dollars, plus what I paid for the Califont and controller.
    Last edited by PTWhatAGreatForum; 16-03-2018, 10:28 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelNZ View Post
      We live rural and off the grid. I got a gas parts supply shop to make a custom hose/reg set and I connected that up, being sure to seal the thread with plumbers tape. Then ran a garden hose to the input of the califont (Rinnai VT20) and a shower head and hose set on the output. I use a Rinnai controller to turn it down to 45C.

I use an 18kg cylinder which I fill at the local Caltex.

It's our hillbilly outside shower.

Total cost was a few hundred dollars, plus what I paid for the Califont and controller.
      My tenant ran the califont into a holding tank then feed the hot water under mains pressure to the taps

Comment

Originally posted by Beano View Post
        My tenant ran the califont into a holding tank then feed the hot water under mains pressure to the taps
        Why do you need the holding tank - is it because you are not on mains pressure? Normally the califont feeds the hot water straight to the taps and its already at mains pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by mrsaneperson View Post
          Why do you need the holding tank - is it because you are not on mains pressure? Normally the califont feeds the hot water straight to the taps and its already at mains pressure.
          The tenant who installed it said even and higher pressure flow .
          I like tenants who spent money on fit out. ..more likely to stay longer

Comment

Working...
          X