Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A collection of clauses for TAs.

Hi Guys
    So many good ideas for clauses to be included in TAs come through on the forum and then get lost (in the forum) that I think it is a good idea if they can be collected up in one thread.
    Here is one from Keys.
    If the tenant is a beneficiary and has any defaults, collections, judgements or bankruptcy notices in their credit check, as at the date of the tenants application for this tenancy, then payment of rent is to be made directly from their W.I.N.Z. benefit. Their credit history demands that the landlord requires this. No other reason is the cause for this condition.
    "There's one way to find out if a man is honest-ask him. If he says 'yes,' you know he is a crook." Groucho Marx

I'll try to keep it brief.
    Originally posted by RTA - 91A 2 d
    If the landlord files an application to the Tenancy Tribunal more than 2 months after the termination of this tenancy then any notice or other document required to be served on the tenant relating to the application must be given to or served on the tenant—

“(d) by giving it to any solicitor or other agent of the tenant duly authorised by the tenant to receive service on his or her behalf.”
    Therefore: The tenant duly authorizes (insert name here) of (insert address here) to receive services on his or her behalf.
    One of my favorite ones. Just to be clear though. The whole bit in the quotation areas are in my TA.
    Last edited by Keys; 17-05-2011, 07:09 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Tenants’ bank and branch. Account number: (for bond refunds if you’re unable to sign the refund form)
      This is for a Garnishee order as well if needed.

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by RTA - Schedule 1
        The landlord may review the rent from time to time and may increase the rent in accordance with Section 24 of the Residential Tenancies Act 1986. No increase will take effect within 180 days after the date of the commencement of the tenancy or within 180 days after the date on which the last increase took effect.
        Directly from the RTA. Every TA should have one of the three rent increase clauses in them.
        Last edited by Keys; 17-05-2011, 07:10 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
        Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by most of the RTA - 102 (5)
          Should there be an award by the Tenancy Tribunal in favour of the Landlord then the debtor shall reimburse the creditor for any reasonable expenses or commissions paid or incurred by the creditor in recovering, or attempting to recover, any overdue payment that the debtor owes to the creditor.
          Slightly modified wording but basically directly from the RTA. You need this in your TA in order to be able to claim it.
          Last edited by Keys; 17-05-2011, 07:12 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
          Facebook Page

Comment

If the tenant locks themselves out then the following minimum charges shall apply for arranging access to the property. 8am-6pm lockout $50.00 6pm-8am lockout $75.00 (delivery of keys may be arranged by taxi)
            Cheaper than a locksmith and an incentive for tenants to look after their keys. Had to charge it twice so far.
            Last edited by Keys; 17-05-2011, 07:05 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

Working...
            X