PropertyTalk's been upgraded!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    You've answered half my question. I click on the new posts and I get only the latest posts - not the new posts.
    Craig

Comment

Originally posted by Craigrich View Post
      Hi,
      You've answered half my question. I click on the new posts and I get only the latest posts - not the new posts.
      Craig
      Totally agree. I don't get the new posts (applicable to me) either. Just the latest posts

www.3888444.co.nz
      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Craigrich View Post
        I click on the new posts and I get only the latest posts - not the new posts
        To me that sounds like one and the same Craig. Do you mean new threads? (which should be shown there also)
        Premium Villa Holidays in Turkey

Comment

Post's

Hi Revdev,
          I mean I click on the new posts and only get the latest post's. Annoying because I then have to go through the posts to find what's new ( and applicable)

Comment

It used to be that there was a heavy line between the postings made since I last visited and the new ones which I chose not to read on my previous visit. Now, I have to troll down a page which doesn't even give me the correct time of the posting. Just (7.) for example.

www.3888444.co.nz
            Facebook Page

Comment

When you are viewing 'new posts' to the left of the post is a red or blue envelope icon - the red means it is thread/discussion you have viewed but there are new or lastest posts in that thread that you have not viewed and if you see a small green arrow in the red envelope and you hover your mouse over it - it tells you how many posts you personally have posted in that discussion and the blue envelope means it is a thread/discussion you have not viewed i.e. it is a new thread

When you are viewing a topic forum e.g. property investment - the dark blue titles of threads/discussions are those that have new posts that you have not read and the light blue (not bold) are the threads/discussions you are up to date with all the posts.

Hope this helps - the template does take a bit of getting used to but once you are familiar with it - it is quite intuiative.

cheers,

Donna
              Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

There's an icon legend near the bottom of the page,
                when viewing a sub-forum (page of thread titles).

Also, notice the little blue blob between the envelope
                icon that Donna mentioned and the thread title. If you
                hover your mouse pointer on that, the tool tip will
                tell you that (if you click said little blue blob), you
                will be taken to the first new post in that thread.

That may solve a problem you mentioned, Keys.
                Last edited by Perry; 25-05-2011, 10:46 PM.

Comment

Donna/Perry - I think you may be misundestanding (and apologies if I have assumed wrongly). If I click on New Posts, I am shown a list of threads that have posts in them which I have not yet read. If I open up the first thread on the list, then go click on New Posts again, the thread has disappeared from the list and only posts that I haven't read yet are shown. This is what I would expect, and how it worked previously.

There used to be a 'Todays Posts' which would show ALL posts made today, regardless of whether I read them or not. THIS sounds like what you are seeing when you hit New Posts - but it's something that I can't figure out how to do anywhere. It would be useful as once I have read a post, it's hard to find the thread again if I want to go back to it.

It sounds like there are inconsistencies.
                  Lisa

Comment

Also - the 'red envelope' thing doesn't seem to be right. I found a new thread that I knew I hadn't opened before - the envelope was red. I read the posts, then went back to New Posts - but couldn't see it. Had to search for it using Advanced Search to show all posts made in last two days. The thread was still showing with a red envelope - even though I had read it a few minutes ago.

Donna - to be honest, I do find the whole changeover quite confusing, and not all that intuitive. And given that I work in the software industry, I do have a high tolerance for system changes, etc... but this is a bit trying at times!
                    Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by BusyLizzy View Post
                      It would be useful as once I have read a post, it's hard to find the thread again if I want to go back to it.
                      One way to get back to the post is log out and find the "todays posts" where the "new posts" button is.
                      Originally posted by BusyLizzy View Post
                      - to be honest, I do find the whole changeover quite confusing, and not all that intuitive.
                      Everything new is hard to adjust to. However, the bit about red and blue envelopes has just turned up. I've never visited the bottom of the page. Off to the next page when I've finished reading. Were we to guess?
                      Originally posted by Perry
                      There's an icon legend near the bottom of the page, when viewing a sub-forum (page of thread titles).
                      OK then. How do we get to the page with all of the sub forums in? It's there when I first log on but I have to log out again to get to it.

Having got to it, where's the icon legend again?
                      Last edited by Keys; 26-05-2011, 05:25 AM.

www.3888444.co.nz
                      Facebook Page

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                        There's an icon legend near the bottom of the page,
                        when viewing a sub-forum (page of thread titles).

Also, notice the little blue blob between the envelope
                        icon that Donna mentioned and the thread title. If you
                        hover your mouse pointer on that, the tool tip will
                        tell you that (if you click said little blue blob), you
                        will be taken to the first new post in that thread.

That may solve a problem you mentioned, Keys.
                        Maybe the Icon Legend could be added to the bottom of the search results page (of which New Posts and Today's Posts are particular examples).
                        DFTBA

Comment

Some Help Here, Maybe?

1) PropertyTalk's Main Forum Index
                          No thread titles visible
                          No icon legend at the bottom of the page

2) Left click on New Zealand
                          Sub-sub forum titles now visible
                          Icon legend at the bottom of the page

3) Left click on Property Investment (NZ)
                          Thread titles now visible
                          Icon legend at the bottom of the page

4) Left click on any thread . . .
                          No forum icon legend at the bottom of the page, but
                          a collection if whatists / bookmark thingames.

Towards the top of the page will be seen this:
                          PropertyTalk.com... Forum > Property Investment Forums > New Zealand > Property Investment (NZ)

Most of those words are hyper-linked. Clicking on them will produce some action,
                          depending on whether it's a right or left mouse click. A left click usually 'jumps' one
                          straight to that page, leaving/losing the present page being viewed.

A right mouse click usually gives web browser program options, such as new tab,
                          new background tab, new window, etc., all of which leave the page you're looking
                          at still in place, so you can 'toggle' back to that tab/page.

Remember that if you want to 'play through' the details in this post. Using a right
                          mouse click option (on 1) PropertyTalk's Main Forum Index above) will leave
                          this page available to refer back to, as you left click your way through the options.

The title Property Investment (NZ) at the extreme right of that line of words and
                          arrows is the web page one is viewing. It is not hyperlinkled, because you're
                          viewing that actual page, now.

There may be some variations to what happens, depending on which web browser
                          program is being used.

I hope that's of some help.
                          Last edited by Perry; 27-05-2011, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            A right mouse click usually gives web browser program options, such as new tab,
                            new background tab, new window, etc., all of which leave the page you're looking
                            at still in place, so you can 'toggle' back to that tab/page.
                            On FF and Chrome, clicking a link with the mouse wheel ('middle clicking') will open the link in a new tab.
                            DFTBA

Comment

Lets see if we can now post again.
                              Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

Yes! Done! (Elsewhere, too). I have a quote for you, Marc:

To express his appreciation to whomsoever is able to help
                                permanently fix the problem, Marc promises to send an auto-
                                graphed copy of his discharge certificate from the asylum.

Comment

Working...
                                X