Comment

Which shouldn't?
      Retaining sanity?
      Posting on PT?

Comment

All of the above
        Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Comment

If you are logged out you see 'Todays Posts' and if you are logged in you see 'New Posts' and this has not changed with the upgrade.

I mustn't be a power user like many of you 'cos I'm finding my way around as I did before - to get to the 'home' page view where you see all the forums and sub forums you just click on either the propertytalk logo at the top or the word 'Propertytalk.com' just under the billboard (large banner) that sits under the logo where to the left (in the left hand margin) is the 'latest threads' box.

I wish I could also revert back to what we had before but that's not possible - the red and blue envelopes seem to behave in the way I suggested - red = I have opened the thread and there are new posts in it and blue = I have not opened the thread...but as I mentioned I am not a power user so this is just my interpretation of the envelope icons in the 'new posts' page.

cheers,

Donna
          Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
            Left click on the forumite's username.
            Left click on [View Forum Posts]
            Perry

I am able to see all posts by a person user as per you instructions.
            What I was able to do before the upgrade was see new (unread) posts by that person based on the icon next to the pose in the search results summary.

For me there are no red icons for a "Find all posts" search to indicate which ones I have not read.

Keith
            The Son of Glenn

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
              If you are logged out you see 'Todays Posts' and if you are logged in you see 'New Posts' and this has not changed with the upgrade.
              If I asked really nicely, could it be changed? I'd love to have both the New Posts and Today's Posts buttons when logged in.

I read posts from the New Posts list and sometimes decide to reply to a post later. Finding the thread again can be a pain.

Comment

Originally posted by One View Post
                If I asked really nicely, could it be changed? I'd love to have both the New Posts and Today's Posts buttons when logged in.

I read posts from the New Posts list and sometimes decide to reply to a post later. Finding the thread again can be a pain.
                I'll second that.

www.3888444.co.nz
                Facebook Page

Comment

Just thought I'd mention the latest 5 new threads for Property and 'Other' (non-property related) are in the box in the top left hand margin and part way down on the left you can get the most active threads over last 30 days.

I'll see if we can get a 'todays posts' too.

Cheers,

Donna

Comment

Donna, FYI - 'Today's Posts' used to be an option on the Quick Links menu - so that way you had access to both 'Today's posts' and 'New Posts' while logged in.
                    Lisa

Comment

Originally posted by Son of G View Post
                      I am able to see all posts by a person user as per you instructions.
                      What I was able to do before the upgrade was see new (unread)
                      posts by that person based on the icon next to the post in the search
                      results summary.
                      Not very helpful, Keith, I appreciate: I don't know. The forum upgrade
                      was 'kind-of forced,' for a number of reasons, none of which would it be
                      helpful to know. For now, suffice to say that the 'upgrade' has involved
                      more than one version jump. That seems to be part of the problems which
                      we're all experiencing. The rub is that we - the Mods - are having to re-learn
                      lots of stuff that we once well knew, as in 'second nature.' And there are
                      (and always have been) a lot more buttons, knobs and levers available to
                      us - as you can guess.

That some are gone; some are new; some do familiar things but are now
                      a different knob/lever/button(!); is more than just a little frustration
                      fostering! So, when we say, bear with us, appreciate that we are all
                      bearing with the changes, too. And, sometimes, not with as much grace
                      as we should.

Comment

Originally posted by BusyLizzy View Post
                        Donna, FYI - 'Today's Posts' used to be an option on the Quick Links menu - so that way you had access to both 'Today's posts' and 'New Posts' while logged in.
                        Okay....see I am just not a power user Leave it with me.... how hard can it be aye!

cheers,

Donna

Comment

HAs anyone else is experiencing this, I am having to scroll right across to view messages- its not auto adjusting.

Comment

Scroll up and see if:
                            1) there's any very wide posts above, or;
                            2) all posts are that wide.

Re (1) sometimes a big graphic image can cause
                            that right-across-the-page syndrome.

Comment

Originally posted by BusyLizzy View Post
                              tadah! reinstated

So, if you are not logged in then you can see today's posts as a link in the blue area and in the Quick links dropdown
                              If you are logged in you will get New Posts in the blue area and today's posts in the Quick links dropdown.
                              Charging enough rent?
                              NZ Scams to Avoid
                              Add a sleepout to your rental property

Comment

Thanks Sarah

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Working...
                                X