Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brilliant, thanks!

Comment

i just searched for my thread http://www.propertytalk.com/forum/sh...-in-ChCh-house. The search didn't find it, even when I searched for "guttering". Is the search engine buggered?

Comment

Try This Alternative

Either way, it's on the to-do list
        to be replaced with a better one.
        So rumour has it . . .

Meantime, here's a tip. This works
        in most search engines like Clusty,
        or Yahoo, or that other one . . .

Type this in the box:

guttering siteropertytalk.com

. . . noting the space in front of 'site.' That
        confines the search to PT.

Comment

Has anyone yet figured out how to insert into a post, a picture from their albums / media library?

Comment

Also, how does one now disable smilies in post?

Comment

What happened to the new posts short link?

And the 'jump to' that was usually towards the end of the page?

Comment

New posts - if it's a new topic that you have not seen click on 'New Topics' otherwise use your 'Notifications' for any activity on any discussion you're subscribed to. I use the notifications and new topics are the only two links to navigate ProperyTalk and it working for me - hopefully for you too.
                Email Sign Up - New Discussions, Monthly Newsletter, About PropertyTalk

BusinessBlogs - the best business articles are found here

Comment

That still leaves:

the jump to box option

disable smilies in text

how to insert picture in post from PT album

Comment

I have not been as active here since the change. As it is now, it is no longer user friendly for me.

www.3888444.co.nz
                    Facebook Page

Comment

I appreciate your feedback and I struggle with some systems updates so I have changed my mindset and my action. What I do is make notes so I can refer to them until the action becomes second nature.

This action alone has empowered me to have confidence using systems and it also prevents me from assuming 'I should just know how to do it'. While I understand your frustration, I firmly believe the power is with you to get what you need from it in much the same way I have. And keep asking questions.

Personally, I'm grateful it's a lot more mobile-friendly. This matters as more people switch to mobile. But there has been a compromise on some features and a requirement to learn how to use features that are stored somewhere else.

To Add photo from your library

First, add the photo to library or select a current photo by clicking on the group the photo is in and then click on the photo you want to use until you get the URL - you will want to use the 'upload from URL' to place the photo in the post.

for example - this photo is in my 'media' which found after clicking on 'my profile' from the down arrow next to my login name. It was in a group that had 3 photos I clicked on the group and then selected the photo - looked at the URL - copied it and then used the 'upload from URL and pasted it and chose the image size.

Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?photoid=720418.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.7 KB ID:	723375

Of course, unless you're planning on using the photo again you can also just upload to the post an attachment from your computer.

I'll do some searches to see what I can find on the 'jump to' option.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

First, add the photo to library or select a current photo by clicking on the group the photo is in and then click on the photo you want to use until you get the URL - you will want to use the 'upload from URL' to place the photo in the post.

for example - this photo is in my 'media' which found after clicking on 'my profile' from the down arrow next to my login name. It was in a group that had 3 photos I clicked on the group and then selected the photo - looked at the URL - copied it and then used the 'upload from URL and pasted it and chose the image size.
                        Where are you when you do what you describe? That order does not work.

I suspect that what Keys is getting at is that the changes have become a real turn-off for forumites. An upgrade - any upgrade - is supposed to be that. Something better / easier. That has not been achieved. More akin to a down-grade.

I cannot get a picture into a post from my media albums, no matter what I try. What you describe does not work.

Whatever happens, Donna, you need to add lots of such details to the Forum Help area, to help PT forumites. But it maybe too late, even now.

The more complex and less straight-forward it is, the less PT posters will bother.

And the less is the likelihood of them continuing to contribute.

Comment

Originally posted by Perry View Post
                          Where are you when you do what you describe? That order does not work.

See this post

I suspect that what Keys is getting at is that the changes have become a real turn-off for forumites. An upgrade - any upgrade - is supposed to be that. Something better / easier. That has not been achieved. More akin to a down-grade.
                          What would you suggest we do Perry? Given you know we had no choice but to use the latest version for security reasons?

Whatever happens, Donna, you need to add lots of such details to the Forum Help area, to help PT forumites. But it may be too late, even now.

The more complex and less straight-forward it is, the less PT posters will bother.
                          And the less is the likelihood of them continuing to contribute.
                          We know the challenges Perry - but sadly what's lacking is helpful solutions.

I am still satisfied with my choice to put up my money to keep PropertyTalk online.

cheers,

Donna

Comment

Originally posted by donna View Post
                            We know the challenges Perry - but sadly what's lacking is helpful solutions.
                            Well, I can't help if I have no idea what I'm doing.
                            A start has been made, with your post on inserting images.
                            The problem seems to be one of a huge change, with so many Forum front face bits absent or not functioning as they did in earlier versions.
                            Are there no help guides available from the vBulletin folks?
                            Along the lines of what's new and how to do in the new version?

Comment

Hi Perry,

I have this - and it looks good.

Comment

Working...
                              X