Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Scratching of Windows, Insurance Issues.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
    So crap service from the police. Not only do they do nothing to stop this sort of thing happening, they make you run around and do all sorts of things to get it fixed.
    The lady at the police has a husband who works at the council.

www.3888444.co.nz
    Facebook Page

Comment

Scratched Windows Sorted

So I had the windows repaired. There were 4 that had film on them already, that needed the film replaced and there were 4 that had no film on them and so needed film put on (this has the double effect of hiding the existing scratches and protecting them from getting scratched any more).

The cost was $1147 + GST and the insurance company paid but only after deducting their $1000 (including GST) excess. So they only pay out around $300.

The 2 commercial tenancies pay %60 (i.e. $600) of the insurance excess and I pay $40% (i.e. $400). So it’s cost me a little bit of money but all the windows are protected now.

And I’ve entered into an agreement with the film people for them to replace the film when it gets scratched. They go there once a month and replace the scratched film if needed. This costs $87 + GST per month. And again the 2 commercial tenants pay 60% and I pay 40%.

The film guys also put up the dummy security cameras that One recommended. They did this at their cost. They run off batteries and last 2 years.

Quite a good passive income business for these guys. If they get $80 a month from say 100 building owners, then that's $8k a month...

But anyway, it should cease to be an issue now and there won't be any big expenditure on it again.
      Squadly dinky do!

Comment

In regards to the carpet in the downstairs area. You can opt to have vinyl put down and I bet the insurance company was a direct insurer (no names mentioned)

Comment

wow that is high excess it can be got for half of that pm if you want to know more.

Comment

Working...
          X