Half of all women between 45 & 59 have $8k or less in their Super

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Half of all women between 45 & 59 have $8k or less in their Super

Retirement, Self Managed Super, Property Investment and Diversification… oh god, does that boring or what??? If I don’t do something now I could end up “living in t’ shoebox in t’ middle o’ road…” Brilliant words from Monty Python but potentially a reality when average superannuation payouts for women are less than half that received by men; and when women make up 73% of Single Age Pension recipients in Australia!!!

During a tea break at work last week I was trying to find something of interest to flick through whilst my tea was brewing. I located some very interesting and in some parts quite disturbing material written by our Sex Discrimination Commissioner, Elizabeth Broderick. It’s called the Gender Equality Blueprint. Apart from the above points regarding woman in retirement, The Gender Equality.

Read more: http://www.theblondetrader.com/2011/...per_fund_smsf/
    Free business resources - www.BusinessBlogsHub.com

Got informed this morning that only 3% of Australian's 'retire' on more than $50K per annum, the majority earn below $25K - certainly makes you re-think the retirement saving's and investments plan.

Comment

Oh my gosh. That is pretty ridiculous.
      I already have a hard time living well on $50K per annum now, and I'm still working.
      That's pretty scary that the majority only earn less than $25K.
      hmmm. yeah i'm re-examining my own retirement plan for the new year

Comment

Working...
      X