• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1/7 ain't bad (OCR)
    DFTBA

Comment

• Here's a timely link Four reasons another GFC is imminent

Rates rising, population peaking, deflation ... seems the article only has 3?
      DFTBA

Comment

• Originally posted by RBNZ on 24 Nov 2013
        The Reserve Bank predicts floating mortgage rates will rise to 7 or 8 per cent over the next two or three years and says buyers who entered the market in recent years with small deposits will be disproportionately affected.
        Yet another year that wasn't replete with predictions coming true.

Comment

• Attended the Harry Dent seminar in Brisbane yesterday
          His prediction is property is well overvalued and a crash is coming very soon.

Comment

• He's been saying that for a year now.
            He makes money from peddling doom.

Comment

• And makes money from being wrong, it seems.

Comment

• If you look on Wikipedia, they list his predictions. Most haven't come true.

So I'm not sure how he is able to do this for a living?
                Squadly dinky do!

Comment

• One born every minute

There's an endless supply of the terminally gullible, David.

Unfortunately, it's not actually terminal.

Comment

• Fairly Safe Prediction - this one: prices will be going up. No date given, of course.

Warning: Price rises ahead as NZ businesses in 'Mexican stand-off'
                    28 Nov 2018
                    Originally posted by Stuff
                    New Zealand consumers are overdue for an increase in the prices they pay. NZIER has released its quarterly predictions for December. Principal economist Christina Leung said, for the past year, it had been noticeable that business margins were becoming weaker. "Costs continue to rise for running a business, but businesses are not feeling they can put up their prices enough to cover those costs. There is a decline in profitability as a result."

Comment

• This is without min and then just-above-min wages being increased.

A good inflation hedge is fixed interest debt. Just saying.
                      Free online Property Investment Course from iFindProperty, a residential investment property agency.

Comment

• Someone was telling me, that 3.99% for 2 years was on offer from somewhere. Jees!
                        Almost back to the 3% of the old State Advances Corporation. (Fixed for the full term, too!)

Comment

• Seems Adrian Orr is no respecter of predictors past, either.
                          Originally posted by Perry View Post
                          Originally posted by RBNZ on 24 Nov 2013
                          The Reserve Bank predicts floating mortgage rates will rise to 7 or 8 per cent over the next two or three years and says buyers who entered the market in recent years with small deposits will be disproportionately affected.
                          Yet another year later and all that can be said in relation to interest rates and that prediction is, well, WOW!

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                            Seems Adrian Orr is no respecter of predictors past, either.

Yet another year later and all that can be said in relation to interest rates and that prediction is, well, WOW!
                            Clearly no NZ government has the balls to raise rates and improve our median income to price index. So what will fix it? The only one outside a NZ economy downturn due to lack of interest in Dairy, would be a dive in the US as usual, China is stagnant.

Comment

• Originally posted by OnTheMove View Post
                              Clearly no NZ government has the balls to raise rates . . .
                              Correct me if I'm wrong, but, to the best of my knowledge, the gummint does not have that power / option readily available, pursuant to statute.

Comment

• Originally posted by Perry View Post
                                Correct me if I'm wrong, but, to the best of my knowledge, the gummint does not have that power / option readily available, pursuant to statute.
                                Im meaning indirectly.

Id rather get back to a nice steady 9% PA like pre 2000 than have a 20 year flat market. Rip the band aid somebody, please.

Comment

Working...
                                X