Header Ad Module

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Investment: What’s best? A house or an apartment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree it depends a lot on the quality of the property and the location. I personally prefer apartments simply as someone mentioned earlier they are less hassle. But I don't think they're as good for long term investments, so it depends on your reasons for entering the property market.

Comment

Originally posted by Davo36 View Post
      Haven't seen you post here for a long time Terry!

I actually quite like apartments because of the lesser hassle aspect i.e. no gardens, pets, drives etc. Plus they are really really f**king expensive to build, so can't be undercut too easily these days.
      I totally agree with you, I have lived all my life in apartments and I am so used that I can't imagine to change that. When I was younger I used to visit some relatives who were living in a house for the summer holidays and I quite liked it but only when it comes to vacations and short stays. Maybe one day when I retire I would buy a house on the sea cost to enjoy my senior years, but currently I don't see myself changing my lovely apartment in Melbourne

Comment

It is a depend upon the taste and preference of people. A house is the perfect accommodation for those individuals that are self-observer but it is very expensive. Apartments deal with a small area space. Apartments are not known to offer the level privacy as houses because there are several apartments in a single building occupied by varied people.

Comment

Many investors start out with the notion that they will consider buying an apartment (also known as flats or units) as there is a perception that they are cheaper and represent a more 'entry level' price.Alternatively, it's believed that because a freestanding house has land around it, and land appreciates while buildings depreciate, a house ultimately becomes worth more.

It's demand which ultimately drives growth, not the property type. Therefore, the only way to establish whether to buy an apartment or a house is to discover what kind of people live in the area, and their preferred choice of property type.

--- Peter

Comment

Both are good. Well if the house has a beautiful garden with it then investing in house is also a good option.

Comment

Apartment seems to give higher yield compare to house.

Comment

Working...
              X