X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very much

One day Sniff and Scurry arrive at Cheese Station C to find no cheese left,
    but they are not surprised.
    Noticing the cheese supply dwindling, they have mentally prepared beforehand for the arduous but inevitable task of finding more cheese.
    Leaving Cheese Station C behind, they begin their hunt for new cheese together.
    Later that day, Hem and Haw arrive at Cheese Station C only to find the same thing, no cheese.
    Angered and annoyed, Hem demands, "Who moved my cheese?"
    They have counted on the cheese supply to be constant, and so are unprepared for this eventuality.
    After deciding that the cheese is indeed gone they get angry at the unfairness of the situation.
    Haw suggests a search for new cheese, but Hem is dead-set in his victimized mindset and dismisses the proposal.
    Last edited by eri; 12-02-2019, 09:49 PM.
    have you defeated them?
    your demons

Comment

and also

Profiting from Property, not People

Want free help on taking your portfolio to the next level?

Comment

Dave - your referring to a sunk cost. I’m negotiating on a property at the moment. The vendor subdivided the site so the rear yard is on a separate title. Thing is the subdivision is done in a way that means the site is underutilized. The vendor wants to recover the costs of the subdivision in the price of the property but the way they’ve done it adds no value. I’m trying to convince him it’s a sunk cost (he’s an accountant) so should understand the concept.

doing work that adds no value will not result in someone else paying you a premium for that effort.

Comment

Similar scenario yes.

With the current crop of housing investors they are buying on very low rent returns at a period of heightened prices. Now there is nothing wrong with this if you hold for 10+ years you will make a gain.

The smart investor will shift to buying a property that can be improved. This may require going against what most investors are taught never to sell. They may need to sell 1 or more of their buy-to-hold properties to release capital.

Comment

Whats your plan with a subdividable property DBTHype, are you looking to split and re-sell or to build on?

Comment

Originally posted by DaveW View Post
              Whats your plan with a subdividable property DBTHype, are you looking to split and re-sell or to build on?
              There is a lot of options in Porirua ATM - with the $1.5b announcement in infrastructure and intensification of housing in Eastern Porirua i think we might find 2 unit blocks on 1200m2 making way for 6+ units on these blocks, bringing together 2 -3 side by side sites creating 3000-4000m2 sites there is potential for multi level apartments (think Hobsonville point)

Comment

Yes they are cropping up all over the country (and the world) these community developments. It's an interest of mine also.
                So you are banking on the land value or are you going to do your own land development?

Comment

Yes they are cropping up all over the country (and the world) these community developments. It's an interest of mine also.
                  So you are banking on the land value or are you going to do your own land development?
                  we’ve done small scale infill development in the past - 5 houses in 10 months... more successful than Kiwibuild and we were planning more until the announcement came out.

Now we’re waiting to see what the direction the HLC development wants to go before we make our next move.

Comment

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                    we’ve done small scale infill development in the past - 5 houses in 10 months... more successful than Kiwibuild and we were planning more until the announcement came out.
                    Which announcement is that?

Originally posted by Don't believe the Hype View Post
                    Now we’re waiting to see what the direction the HLC development wants to go before we make our next move.
                    They will want you to partner with them to build cheap homes.

Comment

This announcement

Last edited by Don't believe the Hype; 15-02-2019, 05:55 AM.

Comment

I wouldn't want to invest too near this area, low income more density spells future ghettos.

Comment

I wouldn't want to invest too near this area, low income more density spells future ghettos.
                          That wont happen. The gentrification of the area has been happening for 5 years, this will only accelerate.

we already seeing a migration of the low end to Otaki and other further out locations.

People buying renovated ex states for $600k+ won’t tollerate the antisocial behavior of the few and the area will self police that. It hasn’t done so in the past.

the only fly in the ointment is HNZ not enforcing standards on their tenants in the neighborhood. I have a plan to address that if required when the time comes.

Comment

I'm in it for both money and fun, you meet lots of interesting people, and there is the satisfaction of turning a property that no one wants into one that everyone wants.. your papakura one is an example of that.

Being involved at the coal face is like having your finger on the pulse of the property market. At the end of December 2007 I thought something was wrong... it was like someone turned the tap from a sellers market to a buyers market. The tide had turned from greed to fear.. I found it interesting.

You should consider getting a valuation done after you have done the subdivision consent.. retail is very popular at the moment.

Do you feel the same thing happening now or is it a totally different scene?

Comment

Originally posted by BlueSky View Post
                              Do you feel the same thing happening now or is it a totally different scene?
                              Back then nobody was buying real estate (those are times to buy cheap!).

Today there are still plenty of sales with strong numbers in residential and industrial, although signs are showing a shift to a buyers market with a) properties starting to take longer to sell, b) prices have leveled, c) there are more listings,and d) banks are being more cautious.

If you are thinking of selling your over-priced property which is in a not so good location, then I think now is a good time, especially if you can find a property to transform into a higher & better use to increase it's value.

Comment

Working...
                              X